Rubber window trim

tacoman

Hi

I am looking for the rubber trim that goes around the rear quarter panel windows on a 95. Does anyone know of a source. I am having trouble finding a source. It looks like there should be a generic fit. I have seen a couple of PFinders where it is half hanging out. It seems to be a common problem.

Thanks

John

From what I know, trim is a problem. It degrades quickly, the factory parts are rediculously expensive and there are no known (to me) direct fit after market sources. It is not a prority that I have followed so hopefully there are sources I don't know of and I am proven wrong; I have several pieces that need replacing.

B

Hey

I found a generic extrusion that looks like it will work.

I am going to try a Metro Moulding LP-100Z. I talked to sales guy and it is 1/2" wide which is pretty close to the OEM part.

It was just ordered. It is $4 a foot. I will update the post after I see how it fits. If I forget to update and you want to know send me a PM.

Hey

I tried the Metro Moulding LP-100Z moulding and it works pretty good. Looks OEM and goes in pretty easy. The only thing is the barbed tongue that goes into the crack (get your mind out of the gutter) is a little too long and needs to be trimmed back. I trimmed it to the first barb. Very easy with a single edge razon blade. It fits perfect. It looks a lot better than letting it dangle and a little better than just removing the old moulding completely. Still at $4 a foot it is pretty expensive if you are going to replace both peices on both sides.

Hey

I tried the Metro Moulding LP-100Z moulding and it works pretty good. Looks OEM and goes in pretty easy. The only thing is the barbed tongue that goes into the crack (get your mind out of the gutter) is a little too long and needs to be trimmed back. I trimmed it to the first barb. Very easy with a single edge razon blade. It fits perfect. It looks a lot better than letting it dangle and a little better than just removing the old moulding completely. Still at $4 a foot it is pretty expensive if you are going to replace both peices on both sides.

Can you post some before and after pictures please, maybe some pictures of the rubber profile too if you can?

83814-83G00 MOULDING,UPPER, RH $21.18

83822-83G00 MOULDING,CENTER, RH $17.40

83816-83G00 MOULDING,LOWER, RH $21.96

83815-83G00 MOULDING,UPPER, LH $21.18

83823-83G00 MOULDING,CENTER, LH $17.40

83817-83G00 MOULDING,LOWER, LH $21.96

All are still available.

• 1 month later...

Hey

Can I ask where you got the metro moulding LP-100Z ? I have the same issues on my 95 pathy.

When ever I hit the junkyards I check the rubber around the rear side windows, If I see one that is better than mine I'll pick them up, as for staying in the groove, if the rubber keeps coming out you could try some silicone or weatherstripping adhesive. The factory pieces have small tabs on the ends that slip into the plastic parts to help hold them in, the problem is over time the rubber shrinks causing one end or the other to come out.

Last time I picked up the long "L" shaped rubber I removed the one I had and cut it to fit across the top, because the top piece only has the small tab on one end, the other end slips under the plastic.