I'm debating...

Kafike

I found an 87 Pathy on Craigslist here for $450 and does not run. Seller said it needs a starter solenoid, water pump and battery. Paint is a little rough but body looks straight and it has the lego rims. I'm debating on picking it up, possibly as a parts vehicle, but don't know if i need it...so I figured I would ask for you input/opinions :) .

I currently have a 94 Pathy so I could not use the interior pieces and the hard parts are prolly as wore as mine. I could possibly use some motor parts with my VG33 I have on a stand. That would minimize downtime for my current Pathy. I could fix and sell it for more. Hmmmm...decisions, decisions :scratchhead: . Would be kinda cool to have another Pathy...and a 2 door. Wifey would prolly make me sleep in it though if i buy it.

That's a pretty personal question. If you have the spare $$ laying around and space to house a parts truck then you could always go look at it before buying it; see what shape the parts are in that you would want. I don't know about where you live, but you would basically get $300 from a scrap yard anyways here, so as long as you pull $150 in parts, you could be ahead of the game.

But, IMO its more of a personal question that you need to think about. (These trucks are pretty comfy to sleep in :laugh:)

Converter has about a 100$ value scrapping it, plus to just scrap it complete will net 3-4 hundred location dependent. A part out will net some coin even selling stuff at a fraction of the value (especially if you are willing to ship or they are common locally). Or you could put it together FOR the Mrs (allegedly hint-hint). This is of course if you have the money and space to spare and not pit yourself in a financial bind. If it's a goo frame truck it would be a shame to see it go to waste though... My .02 at least

I'll talk with the wife tonite. I didnt think of buying it and fixing it for her...wonder if she'll go for it? That would be cool. I have the space (1/2 acre) to put it, just hard to find time to work on it. Doesn't sound like it would be too hard to get running again, assuming the motor isn't toasted. Might see if I can swing by and look at it after work.

Well, I talked to my wife and she...would...let me buy it but she doesn't want to drive it for herself. She loves my Pathfinder and even drove it for a few years after we got married...but she won't drive going out four wheeling. She only wants to be a passenger. I tried to tell her how cool it would be to have both of us out four wheeling in two Pathys but she won't go for it. A two door just won't do it for her and the kids for a daily driver.

Nunya, you convinced your wifey to drive while out four wheeling?? Mine likes her Hyundai Elantra...blahh.

Arghhh. I want to buy it just because but I can't justify it...enough. Wanted to call the guy tonite on it but he didn't leave a friggen number. Can only reply to the CL ad email. Why not leave a number?! oh well, maybe I need a few more drinks :headwall:

She married me, she ain't right In The head :lol:

Send an email! I generally don't expect a response when they do that and I email sellers. But it's worth a shot :shrug:

I would love to email the seller but I think I'm gonna let it pass. It pains me to do that, especially since I have permission from the "Lord Queen Dictator of the World" (her words not mine). Between the Army, work and the family I just don't have time to work on it...it would take away from my VG33 swap and working on my B14 200SX SE-R. But it could be so cool.

Well, I decided not to get the Pathy. My buddy wanted to get it after I talked to him about it. I convinced him to get a Pathy instead of a jeep or another 4x4. His wife told him no though...why are wifey's so mean :thumbsdown: . I decided to trade my motorcycle for a friends '84 Ford f-150 4x4 with a 302 and a 4 speed manual (don't worry i'm not getting rid of the Pathy). Had the same kind of truck in high school, except 2wd. Oh the memeories :D . The bike just sits there and I can use the truck and I still have a '79 Honda XR500 thumper to ride as well. Thanks for the ideas though.