Remotes open/close windows?

Tuned200

A friend of mine has a 03 A4 and his windows can be opened/closed with the key in the door. SO I tried that with my 04 pathy and it worked, the Key in the door lock will open/close the windows.....He had his local Audi dealer program the remotes to open/close the windows by holding the lock/unlock buttons...Has anyone ever heard of this on the pathy's?

Did everyone know about the key in the door opening the windows?

if not, insert the key in the drivers door, hold it to the right, and the windows will open, hold it to the left and they will close....

Im a noobie... WAVEY

tuned,

I have never heard of it on a PF, but I know VW Jette's have the same thing. I was washing my PF today I gave it a try but nothing. Then again my PF is a 2001. If you find out let me know, that would be a sweet option when spring comes around. :aok:

Guest MOHAV233PL

If you compare the remotes from 01 to 02 they had changed. I know this because I had an 01 xterra. My cuzins 04 Maxima has the same remote as me and can roll em down as well, I am pretty sure Nissan shares the remotes for all their factory alarms, but updates them every once in a while.

If you compare the remotes from 01 to 02 they had changed. I know this because I had an 01 xterra. My cuzins 04 Maxima has the same remote as me and can roll em down as well, I am pretty sure Nissan shares the remotes for all their factory alarms, but updates them every once in a while.

My 04 will go down with the remote, but not up.

• 1 year later...
Guest NizmoGTPangel

I have a 2003 Pathfinder, and I found out when I got my truck 8 months ago that when i hold down the unlock button on the key fab that both of the front windows go down, but wont go up unless you stick the key in the door. This is a good feature in the summer, but I have hit it a few times not meaning to put my windows down, and have to go back and put them up. I know that you can program some remotes- prolly after market ones to do different things. Like turn on your heat, turn on your air, or put your windows down.

If anyone knows how to change it easily that would be cool to know

~Kari~ :Magic:

My Pathfinder

post-7-1134557448.jpg

Is this some sort of option? My wife's '05 LE wont do it with the remote but her former 99 Maxima base model did. I havent tried the key in the door option but it seems we all have random results on the fob.

How do you alter the programs?

• 2 weeks later...
Is this some sort of option? My wife's '05 LE wont do it with the remote but her former 99 Maxima base model did. I havent tried the key in the door option but it seems we all have random results on the fob.

Dont know for sure, mine came that way when we bought it new in 04

Of course the 05 is a completely different beast. What is in the owners manual? Or what does the dealer say?

The maxima and pathy have completely different power door/window operations. When my gf wasn't looking, I popped open her 99 base maxima window/door panel, and their panel has some sort of "data line" coming from the keyless entry. The plugs also don't match so you'd have to rewire the plugs as well. Plus they have the auto-"down" feature on their passenger window that my 98 pathy doesn't have, and I think you need the auto window feature to have the remote work in that way. If you want I can post the pages from the Maxima Service Manul for comparison.

• 1 year later...