Where do Canadians Buy Their Parts?

pathybuilder

So I spend a lot of today shopping through rockauto.com. Great site, easy to navigate, good prices, they carry reputable brands ie Moog. Then press the checkout button and calculate shipping, now double that by the time it gets across the border. Is there a good Canadian based site that people use for basic items like brakes, tie rod ends etc. I've always just went to NAPA in the past, but I question the quality of their products (not that I've had a problem), and it's also way easier to shop online. Any suggestions.

I usually shop at rock auto if I don't need the parts right now. I find even with shipping that they are still cheaper by a few dollars. That and their customer support is top notch. NAPA is okay, but some of their parts are garbage (engine seals imo).

www.autopartsway.ca

Awesome site, spend over $80 and shipping is free. They have some brand name stuff and others that are not. I've ordered both and it all seems to be good.

I've ordered from them many times, and sometimes had to return wrong stuff and I have no complaints!

Also, usually every stat. holiday, they send out emails to you for coupons codes for 5-10% off.

Shipping is pretty quick too

www.autopartsway.ca

Awesome site, spend over $80 and shipping is free. They have some brand name stuff and others that are not. I've ordered both and it all seems to be good.

I've ordered from them many times, and sometimes had to return wrong stuff and I have no complaints!

Also, usually every stat. holiday, they send out emails to you for coupons codes for 5-10% off.

Shipping is pretty quick too

Agreed, when I recently did my brakes I was able to get half decent brand name stuff (hawk and zimmerman) pads and rotors off autopartsway.ca for cheaper than no-name stuff from Lordco.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't have a NAPA locally but I usually go to The Parts Source. No problems yet and they're fast. I avoid Canadian Tire like the plauge. I ordered a tire for my ATV from them 16 years ago and it still isn't in.

• Like 1

I don't have a NAPA locally but I usually go to The Parts Source. No problems yet and they're fast. I avoid Canadian Tire like the plauge. I ordered a tire for my ATV from them 16 years ago and it still isn't in.

Canadian Tire owns part source. But I goto both of those if I need a part asap.

CTC owns Parts Source? Holy crap! I did not know that. In Brockville CTC is a nightmare but the Parts Source so much better I never would have guessed they were related. Thanks for the heads up.

There are 3 part sources local to me and the people that work there are decent but they never have any parts in stock for the wd21...There is a place here called CAPS and they have everything and if they don't they can get it in an hour or at the latest the next morning.

I find the CTC in smaller areas (brockville, kemptville) are terrible especially with non domestic parts since most of the workers there are hicks who don't give a crap.

I deal with NAPA a lot and am fortunate to have found an outlet with a guy behind the counter who really knows his stuff. It seems they have different kinds of stores, some are company stores and others are some other class, both with the same products but there are significant price differences between them(?)

Have also had great dealings with Rock Auto, even with the border delays the pricing was reasonable.

Good ol CT is fine for filters,plugs,belts, bulbs, anything more complicated, no way.

As far as PS goes I think it would be best if the guy just gave me the catalogue to thumb through as they seem to be on a voyage of discovery anytime I have gone in there.

Unfortunately, aside from the bone yard I have no "new" options to offer.

There are 3 part sources local to me and the people that work there are decent but they never have any parts in stock for the wd21...There is a place here called CAPS and they have everything and if they don't they can get it in an hour or at the latest the next morning.

I find the CTC in smaller areas (brockville, kemptville) are terrible especially with non domestic parts since most of the workers there are hicks who don't give a crap.

Hey wait a second I'm a hick. CTC is fine if I want to buy a toaster or some tree lights but not parts. I just found out there is a NAPA is Prescott. Has anyone shopped there? Beach Home Hardware(Prescott) is my new friend after they rebuilt my Stihl saw for free when the Brockville dealer laught at me. 1000 Island Rentals in Brockville sucks worse than a Hoover. Never shop there again. But I'll be back in Prescott. What's in Kempville?