Is this supposed to happen? and What IS this?

1994SEV6

So..I kinda broke one of my dad's ratchets. The cheater bar was only 6inches.

2011-11-20145452.jpg

I have had this weird tool or something in my truck since I bought it. I thought it was part of the Jack somehow but I have no Idea anymore. I've asked a few people who are clueless. I hope someone around here knows what it is.

2011-08-03122748.jpg

Edited by 1994SEV6

I don't think this brand was a super cheap one. Usually, really cheap ones (such as Harbor Freight products) the ratcheting mechanism will break long before the metal would bend. I only posted this because it's so amazing. The metal bent, but the ratcheting mechanism is flawless.

That's not a part to any jack I've ever seen. It doesn't fit into my jack into any way I could imagine or force.

That looks like one of the ratchets I have laying around, and if it's the same one that really is amazing you bent it. I've jumped on mine with a 3 foot cheater bar and it didn't flinch.

Nice bend. Only a 6" cheater bar? I presume you were standing on it and or jumping on it? Lug nuts?

uh WHAT?!?! No, don't do that. Don't go jumping on tools. That's how you break stuff. You should never jump on something like a ratchet, you are more than likely to break what you trying to get loose and/or hurt yourself pretty badly.

I believe it's the handle to lower and raise the spare tire

That makes a lot more sense. How would it even fit in? My spare tire carrier is disgustingly rusted. Well, the device isn't rusted too badly, but the mechanism won't budge

Edited by 1994SEV6

I jump on ratchets all the time. 165lb of me jumping makes quite the frozen bolt breaker!

As for that tool, it didn't come stock with your pathfinder, but it's definitely a tool for a jack. as for lowering and raising the spare tire.... what?

the WD21 has a tire carrier, or a mount on the interior. there is no raising or lowering by way of a crank that that tool would operate.

He's got a Hardbody. :unsure::blink: Try not to take that the wrong way you bunch of asshats. :new576:

Sorry about that guys. I thought enough people knew I have a HB. I know this is a Pathfinder forum, but it seems this is the only place to get any real info/help on 4x4 nissans. All the other nissan truck sites are for low-rider 4cyl, 2wd, base model ones. All they do is tell me to buy chrome rims. I thought the bedliner in the picture would help though.

I prefer cheater bars to jumping.

Jumping threatens you and the part

but cheaters threaten the part more than you.

the little hook links to a little cable/chain reel under your bed to lower the spare on a pickup truck.

uh WHAT?!?! No, don't do that. Don't go jumping on tools. That's how you break stuff. You should never jump on something like a ratchet, you are more than likely to break what you trying to get loose and/or hurt yourself pretty badly.

Oh, ok, sorry if I implied you were...it's just a quite a bend in that tool. What were you doing when that happened?

I believe it's the handle to lower and raise the spare tire

The one for my D720 was a straight bar just like the jack rod in the WD21 (same jack too) so I don't know why they would use something else for the Hardbody...

LOL You should never use a cheater bar on a ratchet either. That's what breaker bars are for. $25 for a life time tool that is for that...

He's got a Hardbody. :unsure::blink: Try not to take that the wrong way you bunch of asshats. :new576:

:gay: Canadians!!

:whistle:

B

:gay: Canadians!!

:whistle:

B

I knew one of you guys were going to comment on that. I guess I should be honored it came from the Asshat Corp Leader. :tongue:

And for the record... I'm only gay when I touch myself. Which isn't very much considering the number of offspring I have. :new576: