33x12.5x15

stalker

When i tried installed 33x12.50 with just a 3 SL it rubber like crazy.

After i install my body lift i had no issues but i now run 33x10.50 since i can't stand the look of the 12.50's.

What's the back spacing you have on the rims your wanting to use since that will be a major factor.

When i tried installed 33x12.50 with just a 3 SL it rubber like crazy.

After i install my body lift i had no issues but i now run 33x10.50 since i can't stand the look of the 12.50's.

What's the back spacing you have on the rims your wanting to use since that will be a major factor.

so your 33x10.5...would they rub with just the SL

so your 33x10.5...would they rub with just the SL

No my 33x10.50 didn't rub before my body lift.

The 12.50's rubbed on the tension rod mount on the frame the height of the 33's didn't pose much issue it was just the width.

My wheels are the same backspacing as yours.

Also the main reason i went with 10.50 over 12.50 was i didn't want it to have a chance to rub and also tire weight so save what little mpg i can.

My 33x12.50 were 57 pounds each where my 10.50 were 45lbs each and i could tell the difference big time when i swapped size even though they were the same height.

Edited by wd21overland

thanks for the info...i am going with the 10.5

Not sure which brand your looking for but i run BFG at ko the best place i have found to get the tire at a decent price and in stock is

http://tirecrawler.com/shop/detail_tire.php?product_id=5694

Tire is $155 and it was $18 per tire shipping so right at $173 a tire

Discount tire is about $184

Tirerack was about $196

If you have a 4wheel parts close to you you might find it cheaper there but with shipping its more for me.

What do you mean the 12.50's rubbed on the tension rod mount? Do you mean when turning? If that was the problem the steering stops could be adjusted. In fact I beleive the steering stops are set differently depending on if the PF (or pickup) came with the smaller tires stock compared to if the truck came stock with 31's.

I had 33 & 35, 12.50's on the proper offset 15 x 8 wheels and also on 15 x 10's on my old hardbody, ( I know the HB body sits higher than the PF but don't think that would effect the tire rubbing on the tension rod), and my tires never came close to rubbing on the frame or the tension rod mounts.

im trying to find a good aggressive 33x10.5 that is good in snow, mud and water...i dont really care about the noise level any suggestions (dont want to spend like 1000$ on tires though)

I don't think you're going to find to many tire option in the 33x10.5 If you're going to run that size I'd go with the BFG AT KO unless mud driving is more important than snow driving.

could i run a 33x10.5 on the factory wheels with a 3" ac lift?

BFG 33x10.5s on Legos fit with no lift... just freaking barely. I've been running them four or five years I think. A little fender massaging with a rubber mallet at the corners of the lips is all you need. You'll need that massaging regardless of suspension lift, since the wheel will still "stuff" to the same place when the suspension is compressed. In the rear as you increase articulation the tire stuffs even farther than it did stock. I think much more serious pounding with a plastic dead blow is going to be required to make my 33x10.5R15 Swamper Radials fit. BFGs are much smaller than their published size while Swampers are a little on the big side. I think the Swamper is 3/4 of an inch taller and it's certainly more 'square' at the shoulder and this is where tires rub.

im trying to find a good aggressive 33x10.5 that is good in snow, mud and water...i dont really care about the noise level any suggestions (dont want to spend like 1000$ on tires though)

Swamper Radial. Makes most other mud tires look like all terrains! But they are $1250-ish for a set of five.

I don't think you're going to find to many tire option in the 33x10.5 If you're going to run that size I'd go with the BFG AT KO unless mud driving is more important than snow driving.

I've been on AT KOs since I went to 33s. They are an amazing tire. I climb stuff easily on KOs that friends on KM2s struggle with. If you've got greasy slick mud get something else because they won't self clean well enough. KOs work very well in fairly deep snow and are one of the best truck tires I've driven on compact snow on the street. KM2s are OK on compact snow but are probably the worst deep snow tire in the offroad market. They look like they would work great but they're horrible in even a foot of snow.

BFG 33x10.5s on Legos fit with no lift... just freaking barely. I've been running them four or five years I think. A little fender massaging with a rubber mallet at the corners of the lips is all you need. You'll need that massaging regardless of suspension lift, since the wheel will still "stuff" to the same place when the suspension is compressed. In the rear as you increase articulation the tire stuffs even farther than it did stock. I think much more serious pounding with a plastic dead blow is going to be required to make my 33x10.5R15 Swamper Radials fit. BFGs are much smaller than their published size while Swampers are a little on the big side. I think the Swamper is 3/4 of an inch taller and it's certainly more 'square' at the shoulder and this is where tires rub.

Swamper Radial. Makes most other mud tires look like all terrains! But they are $1250-ish for a set of five.

I've been on AT KOs since I went to 33s. They are an amazing tire. I climb stuff easily on KOs that friends on KM2s struggle with. If you've got greasy slick mud get something else because they won't self clean well enough. KOs work very well in fairly deep snow and are one of the best truck tires I've driven on compact snow on the street. KM2s are OK on compact snow but are probably the worst deep snow tire in the offroad market. They look like they would work great but they're horrible in even a foot of snow.

Hey guys, Im pretty new to the offroad scene but I have a 98 pathy that I've had the AC lift on for a few months now. Currently I am running the bfg a/t 31x10.5 R15 on the stock rims. I am thinking about getting some 15x8 rims with a 3.75 backspacing. From what I have read on this thread it sounds like the 33x10.5 R15 a/ts fit easily. I just want to make sure that you can still stuff a tire with this size. Also, does anyone have any experience with the 32x11.5 or 33x12.5 bfg a/ts? I don't mind reforming any plastic inside the fender but I don't want to have to do any sheet metal trimming. It sounds like there are a lot of rubbing problems with the higher width tires. Would a 11.5 or 12.5 width still be able to stuff with 15x8 or 15x10 rims?

I have a 98 pathy ~ 15x8 rims with a 3.75 backspacing ~ sounds like the 33x10.5 R15 a/ts fit easily.

We are talking about the '87-'95 WD21 Pathies here, your '98 is an R50. I have zero knowledge of what fits on the R50 with various lifts, wheel widths, and backspacing. I suggest you take a look in the R50 section and see what's been proven to work.

You did remind me of one thing that I didn't mention in my above post: To run 33x10.5 tires on a WD21 with no lift or suspension lift only and have room to stuff a tire without massive rub or serious trimming you have to run stock Lego wheels or 15x7 aftermarket wheels with the same offset. When my truck stuffs a tire there is less than 1/4" between the sidewall and the quarter panel. If the outer edge of the rim stuck out just 3/8" more I would lose about 5" of travel! Also keep in mind that the further outward the outer edge of the rim is the more rub you'll have at the firewall and the more leverage the tire will have against suspension components.

So is there any advantage on getting the 33x9.5 tires for trimming purpose? definitely would like 33's on my pathy

My guess is that 33x9.5s on Legos would clear everything with no trimming or massaging at all, with stock length rear shocks anyway. With increased rear travel any tire over 31" will rub the rear edge of the rear fenderwell opening when flexed out and stuffed. This is because the drooped side moves way forward due to the short upper arms of the rear suspension. This forces the stuffed side rearward until it buries itself in the quarter panel. The way the quarter angles inward at the bottom means that it contacts the middle of the tire so width doesn't have much effect here.

• 1 year later...

i am running 31x10.5 tires on 15x8 with 3.75 backspacing and when i take full turns the front tires rub on the inner plastic of the wheel wells, how do i fix this without taking the plastic off.. stock height also

Adjust your stering stops. It'll affect your turning radius somewhat, but at least you can crank the wheel and not rub.

I'm wondering if your T-bars haven't sagged a bit though as that is a stock tire size for a Pathfinder, and the rim shoul be close enough.

B

Adjust your stering stops. It'll affect your turning radius somewhat, but at least you can crank the wheel and not rub.

I'm wondering if your T-bars haven't sagged a bit though as that is a stock tire size for a Pathfinder, and the rim shoul be close enough.

B

does it matter that my truck came stock with 235/75/15?