33x12.5x15

stalker

I did some test fitting with a buddies spare 33x12.5 mickeys a while back...

tirefitting010.jpg

Had some rubbing at the factory mud flap, wasn't at full lock...

tirefitting011.jpg

In the rear, they look nice, but ran close to the frame...

tirefitting012.jpg

tirefitting014.jpg

I run wheels with a -19mm offset, BTW...

tirefitting009.jpg

Just thought I would toss it out for information. I was considering a wider tire, but i rub enough with 10.5 wide tires when flexed.

• 4 weeks later...

If your tire is rubbing on the factory fender flare, you can just trim it slightly, they cut very easily with a razor blade (utility knife), I cut the flares on my old hardbody, just follow the factory edge so the new cut edge looks the same. My hardbody did not have the factory mud flaps that the pathfinders have intergrated into the flares.

I run 33x12.5x15 Goodyear duratracs on 15x10 rims. Not sure the offset but its extremely negative. Somewhere around -40 or -50 offset on a 10" wide rim. I run a 3" body lift, 3.5" front suspension lift with low profile bump stops and 1" balljoint spacers, 4" rear suspention lift.

To get full flex and good wheel stuff I had to cut the front fender edges front and rear of the arch, cut the body seam lineon the back edge of the front wheel well... pushed all the metal back and re welded it further back. No more rubbing in the front even when flexing and wheel turned fully.

Also I had to cut just a tiny bit of metal out of the rear wheel well corners, to stuff the tires fully in the rear. Works really well for me.

Running a lower offset rim will keep the tires away from the frame quite a lot. Mine don't even come close. I still run stock fender flares, just cut the fronts and backs off. I actually have more inner clearance now than stock 28.8x9 tires. All the width goes out, not in. Easier to work on steering and underside of motor on the trail with the wheels on. Anyways that's how I went about it!

Edited by Nefarious