Carbon fiber hood

CALPATHY

My Pathy has a cave in on the hood where some kids climbed onto it. Rather than having it fixed I was thinking about one of the VIS carbon fiber hoods for around $500, which would probably be less than fixing the original. Has anyone tried one of these or any thoughts on the subject?

My Pathy has a cave in on the hood where some kids climbed onto it. Rather than having it fixed I was thinking about one of the VIS carbon fiber hoods for around $500, which would probably be less than fixing the original. Has anyone tried one of these or any thoughts on the subject?

While I am not totally familiar with VIS hoods, 95% of carbon fiber hoods I have seen fit like crap, fade like crazy, or both.

If you have people climbing over your truck, you need a shotgun, not a carbon fiber hood! :lol:

Unfortunately, in People's Republic of California you can only shoot them if they are inside your house. :rolleyes: They were kids, anyway; I sort of blame the parents more than the kids,they are the ones that let little ones run amock. Of course, even if I did find out who they were, the parents would probably think that they were little angels and in no possible way they could have done that.

Edited by CALPATHY

How bad's this dent? Could you just pop it out from inside? You could try the bodywork yourself, or just get a junkyard hood, and save a ton of money either way.

I've got a few dents on mine from where a friend and I sat on it, but it doesn't really show up on white. Also, it's a truck.

Thanks for all the input. I guess I'll just leave it as is, after all, as another poster said, it is a truck. I just wish, if it had to be that it would be a battle scar, instead.

Edited by CALPATHY

As others have said, try a pick-n-pull type place. You're starting to see more and more R50's show up as they are reaching "that age" (10-15 years).

I've had more R50's in my local Pick n Pull than 4 door WD21's in the last couple months. Its made me a sad panda, since I'm not ready to start a VG33 build yet.