Awesome Food Product!

Precise1

Yeah, well, I'm sure some of these will make me cringe but to each their own. Different people have different pallets so post up the food product that has made you a return customer. :aok:

I'll post plenty, but let me start with

big_Horseradish85L.jpg

So good that the wife and I cant stop eating it!!

B

I prefer Oscar Mayer (mainly because I know how to spell them thanks to the old bologna commercials) and fruilts over vegetable...(Honey Crisp apples are the bestest apples :aok: )

I would have to say apple fritters from my local farmer's market. They are sliced apples dipped in batter, fried and then spronkled with crack/cinnamon-sugar.

5075957165_77516beb2a.jpg

Next would be the summer sausage aka "meat in a bag" from the same market:

tray.jpg

http://www.kitchenkuttings.com/summersausage.php

Edited by nige

• 2 weeks later...

Fave food?

Smoked Arctic Char Jerky! Can't get enough of that stuff, but damned if I can find a picture of it!

Hard stuff to get hold of too. :cheetos:

tp_arctic_char.jpg

Edited by Dieselboy

• 2 weeks later...

I had to look it up. I'd be willing to try it!!

Scrapple, also known by the Pennsylvania Dutch name pon haus,[1][2] is traditionally a mush of pork scraps and trimmings combined with cornmeal and flour, often buckwheat flour, and spices. The mush is formed into a semi-solid congealed loaf, and slices of the scrapple are then panfried before serving. Scraps of meat left over from butchering, not used or sold elsewhere, were made into scrapple to avoid waste. Scrapple is best known as a rural American food of the Mid-Atlantic states (Delaware, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Maryland). Scrapple and pon haus are commonly considered an ethnic food of the Pennsylvania Dutch, including the Mennonites and Amish. Scrapple is found in supermarkets throughout the region in both fresh and frozen refrigerated cases.

scrapple.jpg

B

Nige, that looks delicious!! I have some venison summer sausage in the fridge from Buds Custom Meats, a local butcher. I could damn near live off of the stuff!!

DieselBoy, I have heard of it, but never had it. I likes me my smoked seafood (all food, really) and have made smoked salmon, shrimp, oysters and crab. Yes, crab!!

Here is a smokefest with some salmon and prawns in the mix...

DSC_0429.jpg

B

I consider Scrapple the second best breakfast meat, aside from bacon of course :wackinit:. Just refrain from reading the label before you eat it if you have a weak stomach! Its delicious I promise.

And that spread of smoked goodness looks like it came from the Gods......especially that blue moon

as for 'scrapple' too, I always called it 'homemade spam'. My grandparents used to live just outside a amish town. Between that and the farm country around there, there was some good REAL food. Not the stuff I normally eat... :hide:

nice platter B! i like hot smoked salmon too. I still vividly remember drinking my first blue moon - thanks for introducing me to that :aok:

And that Scrapple sounds like head cheese, minus the starch. Gelatine holds it in loaf-form lol. I've yet to develop a taste for that, but my dad eats it once in a while.

I am becoming a big fan of live oysters too. I even got my own shucking knife :ph33r:This stout goes really well with them, but unless you come visit, you'll never know :laugh:

Haha, I had almost forgotten that Nige!! It was my pleasure!! Well, my favorite imperial stout is made 'locally' and stocked 1 mile away and I was planing to drive out to the coast this weekend so maybe a bag of oysters needs to be gotten as well. :D

Old-Rasputin.jpg

As for visiting, I just don't see that any time soon. :shrug:

Damn, you are just a few steps from Buffalo NY!! :blink:

Oh, hey, one tip for shucking: Use your old, worn out motorcycle gloves to handle the shell. Works 10x better than regular leather gloves... :beer:

haha i manage a barbeque shack in the summer and we smoke around 2000lbs of pork a week, 500 lbs of chicken, and 600 lbs of baby back ribs....with made from scratch sauce of course....

You, Sir, are my new Hero. :beer:

LOL Blue Moon is pretty much a staple here but I'm going to have to switch to water if I am ever to tame my belly. :lol:

Soooo, any chance of a proven smoking/BBQ sauce recipe? I promise I'll only use it for good, not evil... :whistle:

Yea, B is definatly a smoker... He smokes all kinds of things

Mind your tongue, child... :bwack:

B

You, Sir, are my new Hero. :beer:

LOL Blue Moon is pretty much a staple here but I'm going to have to switch to water if I am ever to tame my belly. :lol:

Soooo, any chance of a proven smoking/BBQ sauce recipe? I promise I'll only use it for good, not evil... :whistle:

B

I guess i could share some secrets......However southern BBQ recipes are what do you say....Coveted? haha We make it 8 gallons or so at a time, but you could reduce it, unless you love BBQ sauce. I have to wait till the summer time though to gain access to the recipe book, the boss keeps it in the safe......but i do know the ingredients just not the exact quantities

• 1 month later...