Dome light

RF600

I did search and didn't find the answer.

First off I have a 95. The dome light would not turn off for a couple days. I pulled the fuse to shut if off. Then today when I went to look at what is going on it went off. Now it works like it is supposed to. When the light was on I would push the switches manually and the light would dim. The rear light doesn't work with the switch. It will manually turn on. I pulled the rear switch off and opened it up. No corrosion. I have power and no broken wires. The switch works. I used a multi meter to verify the switch and the light assembly itself. I can move the switch on the light assembly and it switches from connector to connector like it should. I have already put washers under my striker for the rear latch to try and help. At this point i'm baffled. My main concern is the main dome light. If the rear one doesn't work. I'm ok with that. I didn't pull any of the 4 door switches off and look at them.

Anyone have any tips for the dome lights? Like where I should look?

The rear hatch strike adjustment usually fixes it. The rear hatch usually gives people this problem more often than the door switches. I'm going to put a small bead of weld on the hatch strike so it can push the switch in the latch. The washer fix stopped working for me after tweaking the door and body from abuse or just remove the panel on re rear hatch and disconnect the darn thing and be done with it.

Edited by Cuong Nguyen

I have put washers under the striker. I will probably take the door switches off and pull them apart to see if there is any corrosion or anything that would make it not make contact. I'm not really worried about the rear hatch light. I can turn it on manually. Thanks for the input.

Not trying to thread hijack, but my rear dome has never worked with a door or hatch open. Ive always had to manually turn it on. Is it supposed to work when any door or the hatch is open?

Not trying to thread hijack, but my rear dome has never worked with a door or hatch open. Ive always had to manually turn it on. Is it supposed to work when any door or the hatch is open?

Same for me.

^^ Same. I know my rear hitch switch works, because IIRC a light on the dash comes on if it's open. I've actually considered hacking something in so that I won't have to grope in the dark for the switch when getting stuff from the back.

only the rear light comes on with the hatch/glass, only the other doors operate the dome /footwell lights if the switch is in the right position, footwell lights work regardless of the switch position

my pathy does as well as a under hood light, glovebox, ash tray, center console compartment and rear entry, the original owner added every option when he ordered the pathy, im the second owner

do you have the one that is a circular light around the ignition?

my pathy does as well as a under hood light, glovebox, ash tray, center console compartment and rear entry, the original owner added every option when he ordered the pathy, im the second owner

There is a light in the center console? I want to see pics of that.