Got Pathy! Got Pics!

Westy

Ok reporting for duty...

I was here a few months ago sussing out the pathfinder and different models and mods that could be done, and I finally got the one I wanted... a R50 Pathfinder with TJM? bullbar and towbar, petrol.

I'm not sure if its sitting on lifted springs or not... but I'm comfortably running 31" (265/70/16) A/T tyres on it. I have been told they are Lovells' (because they are blue) and they are lifted. I would guess a 30mm lift max in that case.

Either way... my plans are:

•  
  • Rancho RSX17000 Front Struts (ordered from 4x4parts.com)
  • Bilstein 5100 Rear Shocks (ordered from 4x4parts.com)
  • Pedders 2" lifted springs (still deciding on these)
  • Extractors (Headers) - wish list
  • Exhaust System (Cat back high flow)

Ok and now for some pictures

Some fun at Alkimos, Perth Western Australia

IMG_0578.jpg

I hate being the lead car

IMG_0583.jpg

...All good now

IMG_0584.jpg

Easter Camping trip down to Conto / Point Rd

IMG_0590.jpg

Boranup Beach... via "Bob's Track"

IMG_0599.jpg

Augusta, WA

IMG_0610.jpg

Augusta, WA

IMG_0625.jpg

that's all for now. See you all around!

Edited by Westy

Either way... my plans are:

[*]Rancho RSX17000 Front Struts (ordered from 4x4parts.com)

Have you ordered your struts yet? I've heard/read alot of complaints about the Rancho's wearing out prematurely. I went with the KYB's because everyone here had nothing but good things to say about them. I'm totally loving the bumper bro'.

Thanks for the welcome and the comments!!!

I mentioned the petrol because it was one of the selection criteria... regardless of whether i was going to buy a pathfinder or something else (hilux / patrol etc).. kinda seems stupid now though haha.

catch anything? I spy fishin rods

We caught about 25 Sand whiting that day, also cleaned, gutted and shallow fried them that day !!!

Have you ordered your struts yet? I've heard/read alot of complaints about the Rancho's wearing out prematurely. I went with the KYB's because everyone here had nothing but good things to say about them. I'm totally loving the bumper bro'.

The struts have already cleared Australian customs and i'm now waiting for them to arrive. I did some review searches on the Rancho's and the only negative comments i found came from the rears... hence picking the bilsteins for the rears.

Edited by Westy

The struts have already cleared Australian customs and i'm now waiting for them to arrive. I did some review searches on the Rancho's and the only negative comments i found came from the rears... hence picking the bilsteins for the rears.

Awww great. I went with the Rancho rears. :stickwack:

• 2 months later...

you were dead right about the front Rancho struts.

they've failed on me only a few months after installation!!!!

i have emailed mike@4x4parts regarding the issue but have had no response as yet (1 week later)

Warning to all... buyer beware when looking at RANCHO front struts from 4x4parts.com