New Zealand Earth Quake

TheCrow

I'm really disappointed in the US media coverage of NZ. It's almost like it didn't happen. I realize Egypt and Libya are big stories, but they aren't exactly our friends. My heart continues to go out to you guys, keep your chin up. You won't be forgotten on NPORA.

Dag

Hell if it wasn't for NPORA I woulda never heard! Of course I domt watch main stream news programs and get my news from other peoes radio stations while testdriving their cars.

Strange, because the local stations here have had updates on every newscast I have seen (I don't get to watch the news a lot) up until this morning. I am home right now because school is late (and could still end up canceled) and the sitter can't get out of her driveway, but so far this AM I have heard nothing about it or about most other things outside of the snow and ice we got yesterday/overnight.

Went back to my old work today to collect my tools, what a mess.

The building has been cleared... You make up your own mind :ohno01:

Image0256.jpg

Image0255.jpg

Image0260.jpg

Notice the dumbasses management having a meeting.

Image0254.jpg

Spotted Filthyphil's truck in this carpark, he's ok.

Image0252.jpg

My new work is now split level :D

Image0259.jpg

Yeah, that is how the cement prefab buildings like to break up. Generally speaking, the walls fold outward or colapse and the roof drops. Not much fun for anyone!!

Those idiots are sitting in the building?? :ohno01:

I'd tell them I'd waiting in the parking lot for the meeting out there. If there is another decent quake, that building could fold!!

Dumbasses is right...

B

• 3 months later...

And so the saga continues :rolleyes:

That liquefaction comes through damn fast.

No one at work cares what the engineer says, we ain't goin back.

DSC02079.jpg

DSC02082.jpg

DSC02080.jpg

DSC02078.jpg

DSC02073.jpg

Y'all will be sick of seeing pics from NZ Quakes :D ....... I KNOW I AM P...

Jesus man. What a tough break for sure. I've been thinking of you and your family down there since the media came out with the Aftershock headlines. Well I'm glad to hear you're physically doing fine, but I sure hope this doesn't kill you guys financially. Just as Simon said, whatever we can do to lend a hand man, let us know.

Edited by Dowser

I just read about this last night, and all I can say is STOP IT!! Seriously, that is so abnormal, I'd be thinking long and hard about getting the hell out of there.

That said, best of luck Bud and stay the hell out of that building. That prefab doesn't have much left holding it together; they don't handle being moved around well at all.

B

Thanks for the offer Simon and Adam :beer:

I'm physically good, but mentally it's a struggle.

We have moved temporarily back to 1/2 of the old workshop, got told today that we might have a new workshop to move in to.

Yes B, I wish it would STOP P...

Thanks Pezzy :hugs:

Jesus man. What a tough break for sure. I've been thinking of you and your family down there since the media came out with the Aftershock headlines. Well I'm glad to hear you're physically doing fine, but I sure hope this doesn't kill you guys financially. Just as Simon said, whatever we can do to lend a hand man, let us know.

I just noticed I used the term "Jesus" when talking about an Earthquake in Christchurch............ Is that considered bad karma? :new576:

Lets just........."pray" that you guys can get into that new facility soon. I'm sure anything would be like "eden" compared to working in there. :stickwack: