I just applied at HFT

OldSlowReliable

There's a Harbor Freight about 1/4 mile down the road from my dorm, and they have two positions open, so I applied (need cash) to both!

Does this mean I have officially sold my soul?

Haha....hopefully I get the job, although I'll be applying at the following locations this week as well

Tuffy

Lentz (similar to tuffy)

Quick oil change

Pep boys (was hiring a delivery driver a few weeks ago..dunno about now)

Nissan Dealer

not everything in HFT's is junk...my favorite purchase was the largest bench vice that i mounted to their bench grinder stand...oh yea and my 10k winch but i broke it due to my ignorance (neglected to make sure the cable restraint screw was secured and the M10 bolts used all over the nissan is the correct one for the one that sheared off)...i've fixed it and will soon test it again...I've also got their dial indicator for checking backlash and it checked out with my calipers so i took it as good and my rear end is still happy...jack stands too...some of their paint guns and other things r good too

good luck with that one

Yeah, if I can get some decent cash doing this, I'll be using the employee discount ALOT (20%)

Things I'm interested in depending on pay...

Winch

Shop compressor for air tools

True MIG welder

Gun Cabinet

That rolly toolchest/workbench combo

Start to replace some wearing out tools, like floor jack/jack stands, hand tools, sockets

Although I'm equally excited to work @ a muffler shop, or small mom/pop shop....discounted tools would be nice..

Harbor freight has some good stuff, just don't get the bottom line products. I herd the welders don't work to reliably though. I have a 1/2 drive 110V electric impact that I got on sale for $39. It will break things if I'm not careful. $48 for a farm jack (high lift). Most of their electrical tool that have the orange case hold up very nicely. I haven't worn anything out yet.

James

I built my bumper/sliders with my HF 90 amp flux core, it's held up wonderfully....I mostly just want something with gas options instead of only flux...cleanup is a PITA

You want a mig after using the wonder of flux cored? Man, your really are going to hell,LOL.

I built my bumper/sliders with my HF 90 amp flux core, it's held up wonderfully....I mostly just want something with gas options instead of only flux...cleanup is a PITA

I never used one myself, it's just what other people have told me. It could be that those people don't know how to weld!

James

I don't get it.. :scratchhead:

Its best to try not to.

When its all said and done, a job is a job, as long as you have a reasonably steady income rolling in. From what I have heard its been tough over there to find work, so be thankful for what you can get.

Its best to try not to.

When its all said and done, a job is a job, as long as you have a reasonably steady income rolling in. From what I have heard its been tough over there to find work, so be thankful for what you can get.

I know what you mean..especially with michigan's economy...

Luckily, every semester people graduate and move back home or somewhere else, so there are always jobs come semester end

• 2 weeks later...

my favorite buy is the die grinders for 6 bucks, why spend 80+ for a brand name one when i can just get another one for 6 lol. i have had the same one for about 2 years now and it leaks air out the side but its still worth all 6 bucks

Totally. I just applied to work in the processing plant at a local berry farm. It is a position usually filled by people who don't speak English.