2-stroke oil in gas.

nismothunder

Anyone heard of doing this? You know putting 2-stroke oil in your gas of your car. Think its a retarded idea? Yeah I thought so too, considering all the fuel injectors on the new cars. But wait, you know that all gas has 10 percent ethy in it now? Whats the lube propertys for this new E10? Next to nothing compaired to old 87.

So how does this stuff help, I too was surprized, you use it as a upper cylinder lube(where the gas it self used to do it)

Now, you dont put any oil in, you need Ashless TCw3(Quick Silver is one brand, fuel injector safe) Now you maybe wondering about sludge build up, well when you use a ashless tcw3 oil you dont get it, it mixs with the gas and burns cleanly. There have been claims of better mpg, less oil burn off and more power(this would make sense, its premix, you get better compression because you get oil in the cylinders with the gas) when used.Edit: My bad, I did run it, I had a brain fart. I ran 5 gallons of 50:1 to a full tank for 3 tanks(last tank was straight 50:1) on my wd21 and I did note an improvement in hp and tourqe, but my rings where dieing too.

But it does make sense too use a ashless oil in your gas too combat the exfects of E10.

I by NO means say too add any type of 4 stroke or non-detergent oil to you gas, this will cause problems with sludge, cats,injectors, and oil fouling.

Now lucas upper cylinder lube/fuel system cleaner does the same thing but its 6.99 for a little bottle. This is the only reason I'm posting this, I'm not promissing you'll see these same gains from it but as a low cost subatute instead.(3.52 for a pint bottle)

People that run E85 in ffv and none ffv use it, because E85 doesnt allow enough lube for the upper end on the engine.

Just a thought in a world of E10

The propper mixture that is run by most people is 400:1/e85 and 500:1/e10 you can run a little less but I personally wouldnt run anymore then 500:1 with e10.

Edited by nismothunder

My Dad is doing this with his dodge diesel because of the low sulfur diesel. He gets at least 2 more mpg with it.

I used to put a quart of ATF in the fuel for my old ford ranger. I think it helped seal the injectors. With the oil in the gas the engine would start in less than one revolution. Without the oil I had to spin it over for around 3 to 5 seconds before it would start. The reason I started using it is because ATF is a good cleaner oil.

James

don't know if it helps doing it on purpose but I ran out of gas when I first bought my sentra and the only gas we had was "mixed" gas but it ran fine until I got to a gas station to fill it up.

Yep, but you kinda wonder on the newer engines( I'mnot disagreeing, I know you can, I've ran 50:1) But when I saw that the old style 87 was being phased out and being replace with E10 I did a little searching and found out from a few difrent places.

And just for easyness of it, 5 gallons of gas to 1oz of 2cycle oil is a 640:1 mix.

JamesRich- Was it a carbed Ranger? I know full injected engines dont like ATF, they smoke and smell like a mixture of cat piss and kerosen when I've done this, but it could of been how I went about it too. I dumped a quirt of super tech dex/mec in with maybe a 1/4 tank(about 3 gallons)> I thought it funny at the time, it smoked like it was burning antifreeze and the *cloud* hung around fora while.

I used to do the ATF in the oil trick in a Cutlass Supreme I had (86-RWD-carbed one, not one of those pansy re-badged Luminas), actually helped with a lifter tick till I killed the car completly.

Don't see why the 2 cycle mix trick would hurt, as said... It's just extra lube when done right. Lube is good

Edited by nunya

Yep, but you kinda wonder on the newer engines( I'mnot disagreeing, I know you can, I've ran 50:1) But when I saw that the old style 87 was being phased out and being replace with E10 I did a little searching and found out from a few difrent places.

And just for easyness of it, 5 gallons of gas to 1oz of 2cycle oil is a 640:1 mix.

JamesRich- Was it a carbed Ranger? I know full injected engines dont like ATF, they smoke and smell like a mixture of cat piss and kerosen when I've done this, but it could of been how I went about it too. I dumped a quirt of super tech dex/mec in with maybe a 1/4 tank(about 3 gallons)> I thought it funny at the time, it smoked like it was burning antifreeze and the *cloud* hung around fora while.

My old ranger was the fuel injected 2.9. I never put it as concentrated as you did so I never saw smoke.

James

My old ranger was the fuel injected 2.9. I never put it as concentrated as you did so I never saw smoke.

James

I had a 2.9 B2. Those where decent engines and I really liked that body style(mine was a 86)

Yeah, I put a lot in when I tryed it, it would bog down and you would floor it and the cloud would start.