Decal Kit

I'm thinking about having my 88 pathfinder repainted in the near future. It's long been needing it, and i've convinced myself to do it. I'm wanting to paint it back to the factory "flare red pearl" color, and I would like to keep the pathfinder letters and striping on the side to retain the factory look. I was wondering if there is somewhere that sells this striping kit, or am I most likely going to have to get it custom made?

most companies that can do vinyl stickers will be able to replicate the stock stuff, usually with just a couple minutes of photography/measuring involved...

I know jeepers do it alot with the 'RENEGADE' stickers on their hoods when repainting older wranglers....

do you have a stripe that is near the door handle or the wide stripe that is near the bottom of the door?

I found this:

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/index.cfm?action=getLocator&siteid=214041&chapter=AEF3615&appSectionid=4501&groupid=4501&subgroupid=4501&componentid=11415&make=25&model=Pathfinder&year=1988&graphicID=3615185&callout=1&catalogid=2

I would have the stripe re-done by a local sign shop, the vinyl will be a lot thinner ( less wax buildup on the edges), will be a better quality vinyl, you could pick the color, and may be cheaper than getting it from a dealer, if it is even available still.

Edited by ahardb0dy

From the diagram that looks like exactly what I need. I didn't see an option to specify the color of the striping though :shrug: Hmm hadn't thought about it, but the dealership may still be able to get them.

do you have a stripe that is near the door handle or the wide stripe that is near the bottom of the door?

I found this:

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/index.cfm?action=getLocator&siteid=214041&chapter=AEF3615&appSectionid=4501&groupid=4501&subgroupid=4501&componentid=11415&make=25&model=Pathfinder&year=1988&graphicID=3615185&callout=1&catalogid=2

I would have the stripe re-done by a local sign shop, the vinyl will be a lot thinner ( less wax buildup on the edges), will be a better quality vinyl, you could pick the color, and may be cheaper than getting it from a dealer, if it is even available still.

From the diagram that looks like exactly what I need. I didn't see an option to specify the color of the striping though :shrug: Hmm hadn't thought about it, but the dealership may still be able to get them.

Most of the decals are long discontinued and no longer available.

When we can still get them, we can get a left and not a right side or some combo thereof.

The stripe kits on the WD21 were classified as accessories and Nissan does not like to keep them areound after production of the applicable model ends.

You local dealer will problably not even be able to find what the part numbers were, they wont show in the regular parts catalogue they are listed on an old Nissan TSB.

If you can PM me the VIN and the color of your stripes I may be able to figure it out and check availabilty for you.

You can get still get the general "SE", "LE", "XE", "V6" and "NISSAN" decals, but like everyone else stated, nothing else.

I wanted to replace the decal package on the side of my Hardbody, but I knew they didn't make them anymore so I took pictures with a tape measure before I ripped them off.

DSC04130.jpg

DSC04131.jpg

I hope to get the local decal/sign shop place to reproduce them.

Don't know if that decal your talking about ( the SE one) comes as one side or the pair, but I have one brand new in the plastic bag from when I had my fender repainted years ago, the only piece missing is the small fender section. It may only be one side though not sure, I have it in my "hardbody" tote in storage

The "SE" one I am talking about is the little ones (like 2inches tall) that go on the doors and the tailgate. They sell them individually I believe (seems they can still be bought online through a few places). Sadly the big ones like in my pics aren't available (is why I took a pic of them before I ripped off the decals).

Yup I remember you saying that you had a decal. Though I would still rather have that sweet front grill you have to put on my Hardbody instead :laugh:

Many many years ago when the bright red paint on my 87 Hardbody was starting to get faded and dull, I took it to a detail shop my job used to use, I wanted to see if they could high speed buff the paint back to like new so I removed that small "SE" decal from the drivers door so we could see the difference, what a difference there was too !! Eventually I pulled off all the decals than I had a permanent stripe on both sides from where the stripe used to be. I'll run over to my storage unit Saturday and see if I have both sides of the large SE decal, or just one side, either way if you would like it you can have it. As for my grille I commented in my other new thread.

2 pics of my grille you like so much in my old truck:

spavdg.jpg

2v9bxtt.jpg

Man I miss that truck, I was actually thinking of selling my sentra and buying another hardbody, than I could use my power rear vertical sliding window that is wasting away in storage again!!

Edited by ahardb0dy

Well if you find the decal I would be willing to buy it off you even if you just have the one. It would be easier to bring it to the sign shop so that they can reproduce it rather than from the pictures. I have the Nissan font, so they should be able to put 1+1 together and reproduce them pretty easily :D

I love your old truck. I saved the pictures of it and want to make mine look similar. I was looking online last night for the moon-visor/sun-visor for the windshield ;)

I miss my old truck, should have never traded it in, had so much into it and so many aftermarket parts, my sunvisor the screws stripped out and I ended up putting riv-nuts in and using 1/4-20 allen head bolts inside red aluminum cups, see if this link works have a bunch of pics here:

http://tinypic.com/useralbum.php?ua=hcbRwnvasfPSuo6iuOEHWQ%3D%3D

Edited by ahardb0dy

• 7 years later...
On 1/20/2011 at 11:24 PM, Northernpathy said:

Well if you find the decal I would be willing to buy it off you even if you just have the one. It would be easier to bring it to the sign shop so that they can reproduce it rather than from the pictures. I have the Nissan font, so they should be able to put 1+1 together and reproduce them pretty easily :D

I love your old truck. I saved the pictures of it and want to make mine look similar. I was looking online last night for the moon-visor/sun-visor for the windshield ;)

When you say you have the Nissan font, are you talking about the old WD21 font? If so, would you mind providing me with the font name and/or a photo of the complete font template? Thanks!! :)