KMA Winch Bumper

yes, MichiganAve's truck definitely looks killer.

one thing i'm worried about is if i do happen to jump on these bumpers, it'll give me more of an excuse to get a modest OME lift or what not, which is what i'm trying to stay away from. haha.

i don't know, maybe i'll just look into getting my bumpers rhino-lined or something with a simple, bull-bar. it looks like you may have done that previously, unless it's just a black bumper.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for the link, morpheus. i don't know why or how i couldn't find that.

damn, that bumper looks so dope. how heavy are these bumpers? is it something that would need stiffer springs or will the stock springs and better shocks/struts be ok? i ask this because i don't plan on lifting my truck.

my reasoning for this bumper would mostly be because i always enjoyed having the stock steel bumpers on my old WD21. i don't really care that i've already put some scratches on my R50 bumper now, but having a steel bumper is always nice. :D

adam, aren't the ARB bumpers heavier than the KMAs? from the looks of it, it would appear to be. the KMA doesn't look as "heavy duty" as the ARB does, especially since i would be more interested in getting a winchless, basic bumper kind of like what morpheus has.

these bumpers definitely have piqued my interest, especially for the rear. getting a full bumper with a tow hitch attached sounds awesome to me! anyone know if the wiring is included, needs to be done, or if there's even a spot for it if my truck doesn't have a hitch yet?

sorry to threadjack, OfftourRoadie. your mods have definitely garnered some serious interest from me. haha.

I was able to move the bumper around by myself, weight wise. On an install you'd need 2 guys to line everything up.

As for strength, I nailed mine pretty hard on the driver side, at the bottom (you can probably see it in the pic) and it only left a little battle scar. Definatly heavy duty.

Did you get rid of the R50 Morpheus?...

Nope, still stitting in my driveway with a forsale sign in it, complete with AC 2" lift and bender built rear bumper.. know anyone looking?

adam, aren't the ARB bumpers heavier than the KMAs? from the looks of it, it would appear to be. the KMA doesn't look as "heavy duty" as the ARB does, especially since i would be more interested in getting a winchless, basic bumper kind of like what morpheus has.

these bumpers definitely have piqued my interest, especially for the rear. getting a full bumper with a tow hitch attached sounds awesome to me! anyone know if the wiring is included, needs to be done, or if there's even a spot for it if my truck doesn't have a hitch yet?

sorry to threadjack, OfftourRoadie. your mods have definitely garnered some serious interest from me. haha.

No Idea about the weight. I could move the arb around myself but like morpheus with the kma it took two of us to hold it to get it installed.

I do know that the package in total weighed 150lbs according to the waybill when I picked it up.

Edited by adamzan

Nope, still stitting in my driveway with a forsale sign in it, complete with AC 2" lift and bender built rear bumper.. know anyone looking?

Mike, your new X is sick. And the KMA bumper mounts up beautifully... Like it was meant to be.

But I gotta ask: why did you move away from the R50? Your build was going seemingly well. :scratchhead:

Speaking of your R50, are you selling it as a whole? I was quite fond of your custom rear bumper... ;)

lol, it's still sitting in my driveway for sale!

I switched to the X because (to me, no hating here! lol) it had more potential.

I had all the steel cut and ready to do the subframe drop, but then switched gears mid-stride.

I've stipped the R50 back down to only having the 2" lift and rear bumper, asking $2000 now for it, paying only for the bumper and lift/struts/shocks, and getting a free truck with it.

I'd split it up $1000 for the truck / $1000 for the bumper if someone was really interested.

He sold it because he is a traitor.

Hey, I almost, almost bought a '03 S/C X... Not treachery, my friend. :rolleyes:

I switched to the X because (to me, no hating here! lol) it had more potential.

I had all the steel cut and ready to do the subframe drop, but then switched gears mid-stride.

I've stipped the R50 back down to only having the 2" lift and rear bumper, asking $2000 now for it, paying only for the bumper and lift/struts/shocks, and getting a free truck with it.

I'd split it up $1000 for the truck / $1000 for the bumper if someone was really interested.

In terms of cost feasibility, the X definitely has the advantage. Lots of aftermarket support out there, too. Sad to see you part ways with the R50 but I couldn't care less because you got a X instead. :aok:

$2K for your rig?! Uh, can you say deal? :lol: Someone, scoop up this R50!!!

2 Grand for a lifted r50 complete with a custom rear bumper? Sounds like it would be an awesome project for someone to pick up cheap!

What he said. :D

Is that 2003 SE a 3.5?

Nope, the D22 Xterra had either the naturally-aspirated 3.3L VG33E (same as the '96-'00 R50) or the supercharged VG33ER. The 3.5L VQ35DE was only offered in the '01-'04 R50 (in terms of Nissan's SUV/light truck category, that is). ;)

Edited by tekazgtr1984

He's no traitor he's just smarter than the rest of us...

& sorry I don't really know anyone lookin for an R50 right now.

I guess I need to get off my arse & build a front winch bumper this spring & install my SFD lift & install my snorkel, oh & install my lockers... too much crap not enough time

I'm about to thread jack my own thread.....I was hoping someone could help me with a lighting problem on my KMA....I posted it in this link as to keep it in the same topic. Not sure if anyone even seen the post....anyway any help would be appreciated!

Fog Light Install On My 96. Start at Post #3!

Edited by OfftourRoadie96

Looks good, Looks huge but looks good. how far does that thing stick past the grill? looks Ginormous. I wouldn't mind "borrowing" their design but making it closer to the rig.

Maybe its because the pics are so close to it, not sure.

Edited by SilverPath

Looks good, Looks huge but looks good. how far does that thing stick past the grill? looks Ginormous. I wouldn't mind "borrowing" their design but making it closer to the rig.

Maybe its because the pics are so close to it, not sure.

There's a side pic on post #15. Keep in mind it's a winch bumper. I only have half the winch in right now, that's what's under the green tarp in the pictures....waiting on a solenoid bracket in the mail....hopefully fully installed soon. I think the design is great, workmanship was good & IMO LOOKS F'n GREAT!

• 1 month later...

Is that all it mounts with? 6 measley bolts?

Yup, I used only 4 and welded also. For me, the 3rd set of bolts didn't quite make it to the factory holes. But a small metal plate could easily be welded to accommodate the 3rd set of bolts. I'm not worried thou. Morpheus (NPORA Member) has the same bumper and he's had no issues. He's even transferred his bumper to his new Xterra which fits! Believe it or not.

46facb05.jpg

Edited by OfftourRoadie96