KYB gr-2 struts

AC lift coils

new OEM strut mounts

optima yellow top battery

HKS air filter

smoked tail lights

lots more to come....

Edited by pathyboy12

Nice! I've been looking at those Dura-Tracs. Keep us posted on how you like them

I've been driving on duratracs since June I believe and they've been great; handle really well in everything I've put them through.

Well done! Your rig looks awesome! :aok:

I've heard great things about the Duratracs, too. The 31's really suit the truck.

How's the Jet V-Force Plus?

I am interested in how the Jet v-force performs too. Do you notice any improvement ;mileage gain?

the jet v-force is pretty much a modual but when i put it in she seamed a little bit more jumpy. it plugs into your MAF/MAP and your throttle sensor, you can also plug it into your o2 sensor but i havent done that yet... all in all i think its worth it but thats just me.

the jet v-force is pretty much a modual but when i put it in she seamed a little bit more jumpy. it plugs into your MAF/MAP and your throttle sensor, you can also plug it into your o2 sensor but i havent done that yet... all in all i think its worth it but thats just me.

Cool. :)

Definitely keep us up to speed on what you notice in terms of efficiency, output increase, acceleration, etc. Kudos on taking the plunge with something new! :aok:

Very Nice. Like the way all the black accents your pathy.

What does the v-force allow you to do?

Jose

it shows fuel efficancy, throttel position, battery voltage and mass air flow. it shows it in percent form, bar graph form and line graph form. like i said i didnt plug it into my O2 sensor, but you can also do that... it didnt change fule efficancy, all i noticed was that it took off a bit faster and a little more responsive, not much but a little.

one down fall to it is if the modual gets unplugged then the truck dies completly, then when you plug it back in, the MAF/MAP sensore code is tripped but it goes away after about ten or so starts.

i found an alternate way also... im sure you guys have heard about it but you can send your ECU in and the'll alter it and change the stock settings. could find an ECU at a junk yard while yours is sent in. just an idea

Slick ride man! Im looking at lifting my '97 pathy. How much of a lift did you give yours? Is that the 2" AC lift? Did you use the strut spacers? And did you switch to manual hubs? Thanks for your help!

i know this is off topic but what kind of gear oil does the manual transmission in the 96 take? and how much?

also for the spark plugs whats the gap size?

I do not know that info for the R50s, but I'm sure it is in the Factory Service Manual. Go to the Garage section, there is a pinned thread there where you can download one for free... :aok:

B

Slick ride man! Im looking at lifting my '97 pathy. How much of a lift did you give yours? Is that the 2" AC lift? Did you use the strut spacers? And did you switch to manual hubs? Thanks for your help!

Thanks, its about 2.5in AC lift with KYB and bilstern struts and shocks. i didnt use strut spacers but might get some when i put my front bumper on. i didnt do the hubs yet cause of weather, but plan on doing those as soon as possible

. and if your looking for anymore info this forum has a truck load of information about lifting r50's pretty much every question you have it has an answer for.

I do not know that info for the R50s, but I'm sure it is in the Factory Service Manual. Go to the Garage section, there is a pinned thread there where you can download one for free... :aok:

B

thanks, i looked in a haynes manual and figured it out on friday :aok:

So it'd be good to replace my rear shocks? When you say you didnt use the spacers, does that mean the stock struts are an okay length even when its lifted? Is that right? Im on a college-kid budget right now, so Im not sure how much of a mod I can afford at the moment. Would that do some damage to my rig to hold off on the new shocks for now?

Heres a pic of what Ive done so far:

dirtypathy.jpg

Found this bumper at a junkyard and built some mounts for it/welded it on over Christmas break.