NPORA web site question, didn't know where to post this

ahardb0dy

Hello, I didn't know where I should post this so I'm putting it here, please move it if it belongs somewhere else.

Every so often, usually at least once or twice a day when I try to get on this forum I get this message:

I have no problem getting to the NPORA site just the forum, any idea why??

Thanks

Edited by ahardb0dy

I've had the same problem.Its when using a search broser mostly. If you just pull it up from the drop down it should go right to the forum.

What I'm saying is go to the forum, hit the refresh a time or too so it gets saved to the adress list and do it that way.

I have no problem getting to the NPORA site just the forum, any idea why??

Thanks

If that is the case, then the Invision hosting is down. The main site is hosted elsewhere.

I'm on the board off and on during the day and evening, and am not getting this... does it happen often? what times?

That said, if it ever is down for a longer stretch of time, check the main site, and go to contact us... you can email the mods/admins to let us know when there is an issue.

it happened again right before 12:00, maybe at 11:50, couldn't get to the forum at all so gave up until now when I just got up to get ready for work. I'll try the drop down menu idea, and if that doesn't work will go to the normal site and contact you. thanks.

That is weird. I believe we are on the same timezone, and I was on at 11:43 without issue.

*secretly crashes the board when she's not around* Mwuahahahaha!!

Yeah, we usually find out fairly quickly when it is a server problem on the forum. Other times it seems like it is more of an issue with members service providers... meaning the company who provides you with your broadband/dialup connection.

I have had problems accessing the board from my home connection, only to find that everything works normally using my cell phone.

But as Pezzy already mentioned, the forum and main site are not likely to be down or otherwise unavailable at the same time, since they are currently hosted separately. And you can contact use from there. But also check for updates regarding the forum on the home page of the site, when there are problems that we are aware of and either Pezzy or I are in a location to update it, we place messages on the front page :aok: