Welding & Fabrication Show-N-Tell

Mr.510

I have been a welder for a while now and switched jobs to be a machinist about 3.5-4yrs ago. I own a Ready Welder and I love it. I have built both my bumpers and countless other stuff with my RW. Here's a few of the things I've built.

Attachment for the Hi-Lift Jack to get a better grip on the sliders.

DSCF0079.jpg

ba67c862.jpg

Brackets to not only mount my seats, but give the drives seat a bit of a lift.

DSCF0085.jpg

Skids to cover the vital components.

0ea9d1d2.jpg

Fastener Protection

MVC-010F.jpg

MVC-020F.jpg

Sliders and the Big Asre Jackstands

7668d099.jpg

Lower Link Skid

DSCF0155.jpg

Rear Diff Skid

DSCF0034-65.jpg

DSCF0069.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

That's what I am guessing.

They better be built solid like that!! Did you see the coin slot in it?? Imagine having a colonic emergency and no change?? You'd do anything to break into it before you walk out with no socks on!!

:lol:

B

Just for nunya

Shiny bog roll holders... Our local govt has far too much money P...

Image0181.jpg

1.2mm SS BA polished.

:rofl::rofl:

I want one! That's effin hilarious! And thanks B for the sock comment, I officially laughed myself to crying!

That's what I am guessing.

They better be built solid like that!! Did you see the coin slot in it?? Imagine having a colonic emergency and no change?? You'd do anything to break into it before you walk out with no socks on!!

:lol:

B

Coin slot? No, just a slot so you can see how much toilet paper is left. Those fit the BIG rolls too, not the small home kind :aok:

To give you an idea of size, the opening at the bottom is 5".

well I guess I'll post up my first 2 projects with the ready welder. The first is a 3/8 rod weled to a locknut. this will slide into my frame when I bolt up the bumper I'm working on.

th_RightNut.jpg

And the second is a gauge panel for my ranco In-cab ajuster. The top left air valve sticks out the back farther than I planned so I had to move it down leaving me with a small gap to fill.

th_RanchoGaugePanel.jpg th_RanchoGuagesfitted.jpg th_ranchomockup2.jpg

Eventually it will get my favorite BK08 powder coat. But I'd rather bring things to my powder coater in bulk.

• 2 weeks later...

This article was posted to an email list I'm on. Everyone that welds should read it. I de-grease parts for welding with lacquer thinner and make sure they are thoroughly dry before getting them hot!

Common Cleaners Can Turn Into Poison Gas

hey, I just referenced that! :goodpost:

Alright, I need those blue LED's up there!!! GIMME! :whip:

today I modified the banjo bolt on the transmission line to accept a 1/8 NPT temp sensor for my tranny gauge.

First I drilled thru the bolt untill I was completely thru the head with a 5/16 drill. Then I reamed from the head down to the edge of banjo ports with a 3/8 drill to isolate the tip of the sender from the walls of the bolt and allow a small amound of fluid to pass around it. You can see how I ground near the holes at the transition from 3/8 to 5/16. You can also see that the bung has a 5/64 lip on it that is meant to postion it in a pan when welding. I used this same lip to center it on the bolt by drilling a counter bore into the head and it fits nice.

th_theparts.jpg th_DrilBoreandreadytoweld.jpg th_Drilledandprepedforweld.jpg

Once all the drilling, reaming and boreing was done I gave it a good cleaning and welded the bung inplace. Once welded I ground down some of the weld to allow a 19mm wrench to fit on it. I gave it one more good cleaning and instealled the sensor. The installed sensor sits about 1/16 or less from the banjo ports so it will get a good read as the ATF passes by it and partially arround it (3/8 ream). Lastly there it is with some black paint installed back on the tranny and hooked up to the sensor.

th_weldsgroundtofit19mm.jpg th_senderinstalled.jpg th_installedonveh.jpg

Nope that's not frost.

That is what oil and ATF soaked parts look like whey they encounter heavy fog. Tranny pan gasket is next...

This article was posted to an email list I'm on. Everyone that welds should read it. I de-grease parts for welding with lacquer thinner and make sure they are thoroughly dry before getting them hot!

Common Cleaners Can Turn Into Poison Gas

I did that once! I was welding on an aluminum truck body and using brake parts cleaner to clean the metal first. Anyone who ever welded used aluminum knows it's a pain. Using the brake parts cleaner worked really well but when the fumes got under my helmet I almost passed out and fell off the truck, good thing I was young enough to bounce back then! I was welding on top of a beverage body truck. Aluminum was not made for the highway, I was constantly welding up cracks.

James

• 4 months later...

If you were closer it wouldn't be a problem B :beer:

In other news I finally got round to making a snorkel.... A real one :D

Of course I had to go overboard :rolleyes:

DSC02049.jpg

DSC02029.jpg

DSC02031.jpg

DSC02050.jpg

DSC02054.jpg

DSC02062.jpg

DSC02061.jpg

I will not be doing another like this.... WAY too much work :treadmill:

The car I have has struts on it. Noone makes replacement struts. I want to lower it some and others have cut their housings down and put in different inserts. So I figured why not. They are not finished yet. I still need to order a few more parts. I cut the tops off. Took more out of the body and welded the tops back on. Now I have more options for strut replacements.

2011-04-22_10-45-32_241.jpg

Edited by RF600