Questions about OEM options

Cloud9

Have a few questions, i have searched but unable to find any real results.

Did all XE SE LE come with leather option? What about LSD or adjustable shocks?

Are there pathfinders with out the black fender flares? are these the basic models/XE's?

What do they mean by the 93 restyled slightly the fenders and bumper (not noticeable in pics./?)

Any one have a picture of the factory options list?

And rear spare tire, if a pathfinder doesn't have one does that mean it was removed or just opted out?

Sorry for the nub questions. Thanks for any help!

Im going to look at a few in 3 days and what to know what to look for in the factory options list.

All of them are manuals, so i dont have to worry about the tranny problem. Rusty frames. timing belt (common problem?). I know one has a not wooking speedo/ millage gauge and a leaky fuel tank coupler (supposedly). One has a broken e brake cable (easy to replace?) Im sure most of the problems list i can find easier then the OEM options but just figured i tho it in there. Look forward to picking one of these up! :)

Pretty much any of the "options" can be installed on any truck you buy. I would concentrate on the one that is in the best mechanical/physical shape if it were me.

XE's typically had chrome rims 235/75/15 tires and from there it depended on what the original owner wanted (tire carrier, flares, power group, etc...)

SE's typically came with the lego rims (31x10.5 tires), a sunroof, better seats, rear disc brakes, lsd differential (could come with XE,LE too), tire carrier and flares.

LE's typically don't have a tire carrier, or flares, but they have nice alloy rims with 235/75/15 tires, leather seats and automatic climate control.

I say typically because there is so much gray area and I've seen LE's with cloth and XE's with leather and sunroofs. Also have see some SE's on steelies without a tire carrier or flares.

This is just my personal observation.

SEs could have auto climate control as well. Hell I've even seen a 2-door with it.

There really isn't much rhyme or reason to the option list between models, and like Adam said, go with the one in best condition and forgo the extra options.

x2 on the best one mechanically. Options don't do you any good on the side of the road. Plus the more options you have on these old trucks, the higher probability of things to break or wear out. The strengths of these pathy's are not defined by their options list IMO.

I haven't seen a truck yet without flares.

Tire carrier was an option, it's pretty obvious if it was just removed as there would be holes in the passenger rear quarter where it was bolted to.

I've seen a XE in the junkyard with manual windows and door locks, but had a tire carrier AND sunroof. It was a '90.

XE LE SE is basically only a sticker on the hatch of the truck, but!

XE and LE's generally have drum rear brakes.

SE's generally have sportier seats, disc rear brakes and the adjustable suspension.

X78 on the mix and match but if you are like most people and these pathys are the norm of the bell curve, a SE model will probably have more of the popular and useful features. That said, I saw one SE the other day that didn't have a sun roof, roof rack, external carrier and had the fleet vehicle steel rims. Weird!!

Like everyone says, get the one that is lowest miles/best shape/best price. Virtually everything else can be added. Need a roof rack?? I have 2 in the garage...

B

I haven't seen a truck yet without flares.

You've seen mine wink.gif

I have an SE without flares (but does have fender molding), external tire carrier, LSD, read disks, lego's, roof rack, adjustable shocks, rear wind deflector or... I am sure I have forgotten something.

You've seen mine ;)

I have an SE without flares (but does have fender molding), external tire carrier, LSD, read disks, roof rack, adjustable shocks, rear wind deflector or... I am sure I have forgotten something.

I don't have flares either, DENNIS

there is absolutly 0 rythem and ryme to the options. the bumper redesign on the 93-95 wd21s is purely cosmetic, they are just as useless as the 87-92 tin foil bumpers. and FWIW (as I have said in other threads) I have 2 88 SE trucks, road worthy one has sunroof/5speed trans/wing/legos(had I should say)/4 wheel disc/no tailgate trim piece or rear window washer(wiper is there, just no washer :shrug: )/(had) no rear window tint and my parts truck has no sunroof/automatic/wingless(i added one when it was gonna be my road truck)/chrome steel wheels/rear drum brake/tailgate trim & rear window washer/factory tint on all rear windows. neither has a external spare tire carrier and both have power windows/mirrors/a-c/flares/same style cloth seats/matching gauge packages/etc. etc...

I have an SE and I don't have hardly any options at all. It almost seems like it should be an XE! It came with the chromed wheels with 235's on it. Internal tire carrier, auto climate control, no lsd that I know of, no fender flares, drum rear brakes, no sunroof. It's pretty basic except for the auto climate control, rear wiper with squirter, non tinted windows, it does have power mirrors, power seats, and power windows, cloth seats, A/C (which is disconnected).

Edited by porsche4786

Mines just a xe with the sport package,ac and sun roof,to get the sport package you needed to order a/c,thats all.The sport package(two levels) on mine is the fender flares,rear tire carrier and fog lights.Plus a moon roof and rear tint.Other then that its just a regular pathy that had stock pizza cutters.At some point the sport shocks where added(a level 2 option)

But this data isnt really helpful anymore,considering the newist wd21 out there is 15 years old and who knowns what the owners have done to it.Do as B said and find one thats in the nicest shape and buy it,you will save big time over buying a late model or new truck.And if it doesnt have what you want in it then you use the money you saved to make it what you want.

Thanks for all the replies. i was mainly asking about options to judge myself what ones would have the lsd. But since it seems they all had shared almost all options its kinda hard to tell until i go to look at them.

On side note i went to look at a 91 SE today, although i didnt get it and dont think i will. It had way more issues then i want to deal with at this time. And i didnt know most of the problems till i went and looked, guy seemed honest but he didnt know much about cars and never cared to investigate much.

BAD:

it had exhaust leak at the manifolds.

gas leak, and pretty bad at that.

Needed a front alignment really really bad!!!

speedo and odo stoped working

e brake cable was broken.

And the biggie, both front and rear on the right side of the frame seemed to be about a 2 inch long crack although the rest looked solid and the crack was not super obvious but still a big concern due to what ive read.

and lil things but nothing else that mattered to me.

What do you guys think, he posted the 1k price beofre he knew about the gas leak and was willing to 750 maybe 700 but idk. I would like a decent winter suv and ablt to fix most my self but dont want to spend more on parts. Thanks!!!

EDIT, ive searched for examples of bad frames but only get for-sale postings...

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ram/cto/2016549563.html

Edited by Cloud9