cruise control quit workin....

haascncvf2

i've had the truck about a year now; it worked great when it bought it.

now when i try to use the cruise control only the cruise control switch light lights up, nothing on the gage cluster lights up...

any suggestions on where i look? and/or for what i am looking for...?

i heard the unit is vacum driven: and there is a unit (forgot name) on the firewall...? can anyone elaborate; perhaps a few pics?

Mine was doing the same thing. Turned out to be the copper ring on the back of the steering wheel was not touching the little copper pins on the steering column. If you pull the column cover off you'll can see if there touching.

Also check to see if those rubber/plastic tabs did not brake under your dash where the brake hits the switches for your brake lights and cruise control cancel.

X2 both of mine were broken. I replaced them with some of those plastic rivets used to hold plastic guards under most import cars. Also my vacuum line was broken off. It is a very tiny line so it probably wont make a difference in how the motor runs so you might not notice.

James

if your button lights up on the dash, but won't engage (and turn the light on in the cluster) you could have a faulty switch. On mine, the Resume/Accel button does not work, and the cancel button will work if I press it real hard and wiggle it around. The Set/Decel button works fine though, thankfully!

Also the switch itself under the dash could have failed. Mine did, I tried all of the "common" things people posted here, to no avail, and turns out the switch was in pieces internally. Also the vacuum line doesn't have anything to do with the rest of the vacuum system there is one line from a little pump to the actuator, nothing else.

Also the switch itself under the dash could have failed. Mine did, I tried all of the "common" things people posted here, to no avail, and turns out the switch was in pieces internally. Also the vacuum line doesn't have anything to do with the rest of the vacuum system there is one line from a little pump to the actuator, nothing else.

Maybe it's a Canadian thing because on mine the vacuum comes from the engine to the actuator. I would think the only trucks with a separate vacuum pump would be trucks with diesel motors.

James

• 2 weeks later...

on my 94 it turned out to be the rubber hose from the vacuum actuator wasn't connected, left rear corner under the hood

anyone have a pic of the actuator and location?

forgive me for being noob to nissans;

ask me anything on a first gen crx and i got it down ;-)

If the light on the dash doesn't come on, its not the vacuum hose. It's either the contacts in the steering wheel, or the brake pedal switch. Try disconnecting the switch and jumpering the connector. That is what I did and mine started working again. Test it out in an area where the road is empty.

If the light on the dash doesn't come on, its not the vacuum hose. It's either the contacts in the steering wheel, or the brake pedal switch. Try disconnecting the switch and jumpering the connector. That is what I did and mine started working again. Test it out in an area where the road is empty.

okay; lets add this to the problem maybe it will narrow it down....or maybe complicate it more. my horn kinda quit working; um yea; well it honks when i jerk the wheel to the left, or turn left, but rolling straight or turned straight it does not work.

that pin point it to the connection in the steering wheel?

maybe i could go to a big empty lot somewhere and make a left turn and try to set the cruise...? lmao (yeah good luck with this huh?!)

dude that is the same thing with mine but it only works wall the steering wheel is going start. did all that connector stuff as well as the peddle switch for the button. for now i got this to put back together tomorrow.

IMG_0143.jpg[/img]

Edited by Whitebrick