Things Not Connected To Stuff

So we all have a bunch of random connectors and such that aren't hooked up to anything; just like the title says. Does anyone know what they are? Does anyone have them connected to anything? If so, chime in or post a pic. I've always wondered what the mystery connectors were for, and It might also be helpful for others. Click the links for a bigger picture.

1.38528_457470612039_646067039_6687259_6965654_s.jpg

click

...and what is that little pipe for on the firewall?

2.40409_457470632039_646067039_6687260_7439693_s.jpg

click

3.40094_457470662039_646067039_6687261_2429796_s.jpg

click

4.39745_457470692039_646067039_6687262_534793_s.jpg

click

5.38213_457470752039_646067039_6687265_5166224_s.jpg

click

6. 40207_457470762039_646067039_6687266_7260979_s.jpg

click

and this is where my AIV used to be. don't worry about the bare wires, they were for the aiv solenoid but thats gone.

Edited by LittleReD89

I generally factor any extra plugs I find to one of the fiew parts of my trucks history before me I know... He was body-swapped. Figured someone left some extra wiring layin around from one of the bodys :shrug: Only one that ever puzzled me was the ones in each front fenderwell dangling by he frame...

Factory electric shocks.

I have that same plug that's not connected to anything on the valve cover. I'm not sure what it's for but my best guess would be it's something to do with an automatic equipped rig. It looks like your cruise control assembly is missing too?

1 little pipe is the vent line for the tranny, t-case and front diff combined. I also have my manual stering box tied into that vent as well. The wire I belive is cruise

2 Mixture heater, PO may have removed it. Its supposed heat the air and fuel mixture after the buterfly. Not really needed and if it breakes the pieces can damage your engine

3 donno

4 wont load

5 donno

6 I have a relay there but I don't know what it does.

the blue connector in #1 is a blue relay also. I think my m/t truck had one there maybe important?

I want to know what the connectors by the fuse box are for, I'll have to get some pics.

Edited by ZombeeXXX

the blue connector in #1 is a blue relay also. I think my m/t truck had one there maybe important?

I want to know what the connectors by the fuse box are for, I'll have to get some pics.

Under the dash? One is for a coade reader to connect to (black 12 pin), then if you don't have power mirrors, the connector for it (white 6 pin IIRC)is up in there, what others?

1 little pipe is the vent line for the tranny, t-case and front diff combined. I also have my manual stering box tied into that vent as well. The wire I belive is cruise

2 Mixture heater, PO may have removed it. Its supposed heat the air and fuel mixture after the buterfly. Not really needed and if it breakes the pieces can damage your engine

i thought that was what the pipe was for, but you're wrong about the connector. my heater is hooked up.

i thought that was what the pipe was for, but you're wrong about the connector. my heater is hooked up.

you knwo he don't mean your cabin/interior heater... right?

you knwo he don't mean your cabin/interior heater... right?

ok I'll try again then:

I'm sorry, but you're wrong about the 2 pin connector hanging loose over the right valve cover. It's not for the air/fuel mixture heater. That 2 pin connector is fixed to a plastic mount toward the rear of the same valve cover; under, and slightly behind the fuel lines. That harness is well connected to the mixture heater.

I tried to get my thoughts across a little clearer, but all I did was find a long winded way to say that the connector for my heater is hooked up. oh, and I actually am a smart-ass. so feel free to call me one.

are we all just the same people in different colour trucks? thats awesome. but i'd really like to know what some of these harnesses are for. so would a bunch of us i'm sure. I figure that #1 is for cruise control. anybody have it hooked up? but whats the one with the jumper in it, behind the battery? or the little white one branching from the crank sensor pick-up. And if all the wiring harnesses are the same, why isn't there an A/C plug anywhere in the engine bay? lets get some pics up. Of who has what pllugged in, or who has another "mystery connector".

I guess i should have stated that this should be more like game than anything else right from the get-go.