Winches

94 Pathy

Has anyone used or seen this & is it worth the money?

8000 Lb. Electric Winch with Automatic Brake Email to a Friend

Click on image to zoom

More Views

. 8000 Lb. Electric Winch with Automatic Brake

Item # 67576 Manufacturer: Road Shock

4.1 Horsepower

Only: $359.99

Sale: $279.99

Add Items to CartQty: Add to Cart .

Add to Wishlist

| Add to Compare

.Shipping

Economy Ground Shipping available.

Availability: In stock

Leaves the warehouse in 1-2 business days.

Quick Overview8000 Lb. Electric Winch with Automatic Brake

5 Review(s) | Add Your Review

Customer Rating:.Description

■Three-stage planetary gear system for fast line speed and sure hold

■Freespooling

■Automatic load-holding brake

■Power in/out

■Remote hand control switch with 12 ft. cord

■Fairlead: 11-3/4" L x 3-5/16" W x 1" deep

■Line speed (in feet per minute): 13 (no load), 11 (2000 lbs.), 6 (6000 lbs.), 4.5 (8000 lbs.)

Some vehicles may require Universal Channel Winch Mount (sold separately).

12 volts, 4.1 HP, 7.5 amps

Drum diameter: 2.5"

Gear ratio: 210:1

Cable: 5/16" x 94 ft.

Overall dimensions: 20-11/16" L x 6-1/8" W x 6-15/16" H

Bolt pattern: 10" x 4.5"

Sorry, pic didn't come up. You can see it on Harbor Freights website.

Lot no. 67576

You are better off finding one of there 20% off coupons and picking up the 10,000lb winch. I have not seen the 8000 in use but know 2 people running the 10,000lb ones with no problems with them, Also note that the 10,000 has a roller fairlead instead of the just rounded slot fairlead. There is also not a big weight difference between the 2. I have a 10,000 in my hallway at home but am waiting tell after my SAS is done to build a bumper for it.

Here it is.

http://www.harborfreight.com/8000-lb-electric-winch-with-automatic-brake-67576.html

The 10klb unit is $400 though, $120 more. You can buy a good snatch block and recovery strap for that.

I don't know the Harbor Freight one, but I am jaded and don't buy much from them unless it is a single use item. What I did get was this, on sale for $250. Same basic design, 1.4hp more and with a roller fairlead. Just throwing it out there...

http://www.4wheelparts.com/XRC8-Winch.aspx?t_pl=6208&t_pn=S%2fB97281

B

I would definitely get the smitty for $300 before I'd get a harbor freight. No experience with them but I would trust the smitty when I'm stuck in the middle of no where way before I would trust the harbor freight one

well just read the link above, what the hell do I know? :crazy:

Edited by headpeace

Okie doke, figured I would deposit my .02

I have used the 10K Chicago winch, (bought it with the discount as well) and it is STILL on the truck I put it on, nearly 5 years ago. I have had NO issues out of it, and it does what it is designed to do, period.

As for name brand...

Ramsey is junk in my opinion. I made the mistake of buying one in my un educated years and it spent more time on warranty out, than on the vehicle. (They swapped it three times, before I just got my money back.)

That post by the all knowing Precise....makes me want to ask the wife for 300!!

I will probably end up with a cheap winch, just in case...

Here it is.

http://www.harborfreight.com/8000-lb-electric-winch-with-automatic-brake-67576.html

The 10klb unit is $400 though, $120 more. You can buy a good snatch block and recovery strap for that.

I don't know the Harbor Freight one, but I am jaded and don't buy much from them unless it is a single use item. What I did get was this, on sale for $250. Same basic design, 1.4hp more and with a roller fair lead. Just throwing it out there...

http://www.4wheelparts.com/XRC8-Winch.aspx?t_pl=6208&t_pn=S%2fB97281

B

I got one of the Smitty Built XRC8. It's still sitting in the shed waiting for my KMA bumper to get here, one day! :angry:

Check the link. It's an article from MoabJeepers where they real world-tested several brands in head-to-head pulls. The Chicago Electric one held up better than some of the big name winches.

Winches in Hell

That was exactly what I was going to post... well sorta, I was going to post a link to the thread here on that topic

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=15631

That contains a link to the same article and talk amongst our own members :aok:

I've had one of the 8000lb HF winches on my pathy for years, and it always does great. I've used it lots of times. Winched Xterras up some pretty nasty climbs(that I made in the pathy) So far I've never had to use it to save myself. I have maxed it out a few times where it just plain would not pull any harder. Then I broke out the snatch block and it pulled like a champ. I've had it too hot to hold your hand on the case for more than a second or two also. As some on here know I'm not nice to my toys and this winch exceeded my expectations a couple of years ago.

I bought mine second hand for $150 from a guy who never even used it once. He was replacing it with a Warn... :scratchhead:

When I stated My opinion on the 10,000 harbor freight ones I should have gave more of a overview. I watched a 8,000 pound warn blow a solenoid trying to pull a junk out car up a bank on a cleanup, Then the warn with onboard air compressor forgot its name try and keep overheating, Then watched a 10,000 harbor freight one that was tattered and beet pull the car to the top without stopping. Before I saw that I always thought the harbor freight ones were a joke, but now that I pay attention to them I have found no one that has had a problem with the harbor freight one in-less it was right out of the box and was traded straight across for a new one.

For the person that stated Ramsy winch's are junk. I completely agree on there electric winch's but they make very nice long lasting hydrolic winch's if you are willing to drop in that much money.

Warn winch's I use to think were the mighty unstoppable but with how often they go through solenoids I have changed my mind on that.

Superwinch's have good pull but the cases are made to cheep. They will pull you up stuff but when it hits a rock or tree its done 4.

Those are the only winch's I have exepriance with so I can't talk informed on other brands.

• 1 month later...

yea i've looked there...i know chicago electric is usually the brand that harbor freight carries but I didnt know if its the exact same as what they carry now road shock or if they switched to a new product and kept the same reviews b/c i'd hate to go buy something new that's crap that replaced something that people have rated good

• 1 year later...

You are better off finding one of there 20% off coupons and picking up the 10,000lb winch. I have not seen the 8000 in use but know 2 people running the 10,000lb ones with no problems with them, Also note that the 10,000 has a roller fairlead instead of the just rounded slot fairlead. There is also not a big weight difference between the 2. I have a 10,000 in my hallway at home but am waiting tell after my SAS is done to build a bumper for it.

I was just looking at that. But the 9000LB is $369.99, the 12000LB is only $30 more. I would spend the extra cash and get the 12000LB... That way you'll still have 9000LB on the last spool!

For the person that stated Ramsy winch's are junk. I completely agree on there electric winch's but they make very nice long lasting hydrolic winch's if you are willing to drop in that much money.

That was me! I actually have a 9000 lb Ramsey torn apart right now... Thought that since it was a free winch I would try it out... After mounting and wiring it... the motor locked up. I have since removed the said motor and plan on trying my hand at rebuilding it. Everyhing checks out like it should, just a lot of rust and corrosion inside the motor that may have caused some form of a short... I need to take pictures I guess.

As for the hydraulic Ramsey products, never seen one in action in person. But there are some cool videos available on youtube of them doing amazing things.

Back on the HF/CE winches... I have one of the 8K winches in my car port. Old as hades, and worked fine until I damaged a brush when I pulled the motor off to clean and lubricate. $24 later I ordered some new ones and they should already be at my house...(I am in NC now.) Gotta say that the HF customer service department is a real help. Of course they are all undoubtedly in India, but they will do what it takes to take care of you.

BTW the CE winches are permanent magnet, not series wound. That is part of the reason why they are soe cheap... The new Badland winches that HF is selling are series wound according to their site. The difference is that a PM motor will get hot and lose torque, where a SW motor will get hot but will retain most of its torque.

HF no longer sells the CE winches. They carry Badland winches which are VERY similiar (probably the same with different markins) to a Mile Marker. Neighbors jeep has a 12K Mile Marker and I am telling you it looks JUST LIKE the Badland 12K.

Yes, an old thread... but I am so freaking bored just sitting here that I have been reading through the oldies...

Edited by tmoore4512