I can't wait to install my new upgrades

unccpathfinder

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The gray thing on the right in the onboard air kit notice the reflection on the object doesn't seem to match whats actually in front of it...

Its an angled surface and looks like 4 isolators a bolt and at the seem it looks like it could be the wire bundle?...

Doesn't matter to me as long as everything if there and works properly...marketing is a buncha smoke and mirrors anyways

Years back, on a rock truck I had, we used an A/C compressor with a conversion kit to have a motor driven compressor. Part of the exo was used for the tank. It was great...would run an impact all day long!

On my path, with the SL and the BL, the tank would fit in front of the fuel tank if it was butted up against the body and tank...if you know what I mean...

i was originally going to put the compressorin the engine bay, and the tank under. but i thought better of it becuase

1) compressor gets really hot, and the heat in the engine bay will add to this, plus.. just don't have the room with everything else.

2) i have crammed everythign imaginable into places under my rig. sticks, logs, rocks.. you name it.

so i just put it all int eh back, it actually looks good but was PITA..

again, i'll get some pics.

armor can only do so much...remember i still have this to fix and this is 3/8" steel and i'd really hate to puncture a cylinder at 120PSI..although i dont think ti would be in danger there since I also have the fuel tank to worry about...its just better to be safe than sorry but we will see

b1dcf263.jpg

Not really...it was a rock I missed and I didn't even know the damage was that bad until 2 weeks later...I know exactly when I did it but I missed that scar when I was looking on the trail...

I just play hard but not as hard as some...after these upgrades I get to play a lil harder

armor can only do so much...remember i still have this to fix and this is 3/8" steel and i'd really hate to puncture a cylinder at 120PSI..although i dont think ti would be in danger there since I also have the fuel tank to worry about...its just better to be safe than sorry but we will see

I know you are handy, and I work around air lines/tools all day also. Dude, you have nothing to worry about popping a mini 120PSI tank, that's not enough pressure for an explosive rupture. The worst thing that it will do is scare you and/or piss you off. Mount it somewhere high and shield it with a UHME PE skid and you are golden... ;)

My 3200psi aluminum scuba tank, on the other hand, would rip the ass out of your truck... :lol:

B

Steve is an extrpdinary person. When I got to CA with the 95 and wanted to wheel he introduced me to some of the folks out there...after meeting steve I found out about ruggedrocksoffroad (formally doitontherocks) and when it was time to buy the body lift I went with steve over 4x4parts...I think I may have paid a few $ more but I had my parts quick even with my error of address and ups problems I got the parts in time.

This time I had some troubles with my mailing address and steve once again was patient And helped me out...they were al ordered on weds and so far I have 33% of my parts and that lets me get started with my installations.

If u ever need something check him out and if its not listed See if he can get it

Yea...I lived there for 3 years...wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be...its damn nice being back in the south but places to wheel are few and far between and no mine towns or cool things to go check out...I lived in bfe cali so it was nice...did lots of dirtbiking and offroading...I can't wait to go back and do last chance canyon and bloodgulch and many more