Are These Stock Flares?

Terrano757

Hi all,

i found this pic on google images (its not my car)

just wanting to know if the massive flares were a stock part

back in the day or have they been custom made?

NOTE- Its a 1988 2 Door R3M Terrano

e5k1nm.jpg

Heres another view of it clean;

2mldup.jpg

US spec we either got the chumpy black ones or none, so here... no not stock. I know some places got some cool ones but don't think any got ones that huge so I'm gonna hop out on a limb and say they are aftermarket/made to fit from a different truck/or homemade-custom

That's not stock, neither of them which are different.

The stock ones are not that big and are 1 piece only. These are stock:

img009hj.jpg

img008pu.jpg

What I mean by one piece is: the one that DavefromOZ shows they are cutted on the bottom to fit the finish as they complete the fender even on the back is cutted.

This doesn't happen on the stock ones and they are not that thick.

I think they are completly custom made for the car, owners taste and fiber glass.

Mine are also tiny and black and stock also, there were 2 types, the bigger ones (showed by me) were an extra at the time. :my2cents:

Those ones Dave posted even have the bodyline in them where they cross! (it's there, not just the 2-tone making one "look" to be there)

I see it.

They are really difficult to find and tend to be expensive, but time to time on www.eBay.de (german) they have those to bid on.

Then you have to see shipping if the seller ships internationally.

It's a question of luck and time... or you can see Nissan deallership, it's easier...

Hi all,

i found this pic on google images (its not my car)

just wanting to know if the massive flares were a stock part

back in the day or have they been custom made?

Yeah, they are stock not custom. What you are looking it is the stock flares with rubber trim added as an extension to cope with the big tyres.

Check this link for details on how it screws onto the wheel arch. I'm 99% sure this is the story.

I threw out my only original flare last weekend, but I can make photographs of my 1990 if you want to see how the rubber flare extensions look.

Where are you at in Australia? I have a spare roll of the rubber if you need it.

Thomas