Newb from Nebraska

Panbacca

Just wanted to stop in & say "hey" to everyone.

Haven't had much time to really get into a lot of the threads on here yet.

Just picked up a 2003 Pathfinder SE a couple of weeks ago.

It just kind of "fell" into my lap. I had been looking for a new vehicle for over a month with no real luck.

Needed a family hauler, boat-tower, 4x4 of some sort and the Pathfinder was a message sent from another realm I think.

I was about to give up my search, when it popped up on Craigslist one morning. An auto repair shop had one for sale that they purchased with the intent that it needed some TLC. When in actuality, all they had to do was an oil change. Everything is squeaky clean and runs perfect at 71,000 miles.

Anyway, it's replacing a Mazda 3 (don't go there), and I'm excited to own my first Nissan.

Taking it up to Cascade, Colorado here this weekend. We'll see what happens.

Any suggestions for things I should look at that might be good preventative maintenance? I just replaced the serpentine belts, but otherwise everything is so clean on this thing I don't know what else to do.

It's good to be here.

-Andy

Edited by Panbacca

Welcome Andy, and congrats on the 'new' pathy. Sounds like you got a runner. It probably doesn't need anything right now, but unless you know it has been done, changing out the differential oils and tranny fluid is a good idea to set a maintenance point. Otherwise enjoy it and post some picts!!

Anyway, it's replacing a Mazda 3 (don't go there)

:rofl:

Ok, I won't... :D

B

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the welcomes. and yes, I plan on getting those fluids changed soon. Definitely before fall/winter.

I'll get some pics up soon. I get lazy with the picture downloading.

Just took the Pathfinder up to Colorado this past week. Probably added about 1,200 miles. It handled it like a champ in the high altitudes and didn't have one problem.

I did get some new General Grabbers put on to replace the worn out BFG's it came with before the trip.. Made a heck of a difference while cruising at 75 on I-29.

Hey 'bacca

Good to see another from NE land. I'm not far from you, but most of my experience is pre 1995. My latest project pathy is my fourth Nissan. I find them quite addictive, especially since Nissan uses the same parts on a variety of models. Hope you enjoy it as much as I have mine. Would like to see some pics so if I'm in town and bump into you I can at least say hi. I do like the looks of the newer generations too. In fact I saw a nice looking silver R50 last night on 9th at Van Dorn headed to hwy 2. Forget what time it was around 2330 maybe. Don't feel too bad about your 3 everyone needs economy these days. I want a sentra or 200sx next.

Best of luck

Tim

Hey 'bacca

Good to see another from NE land. I'm not far from you, but most of my experience is pre 1995. My latest project pathy is my fourth Nissan. I find them quite addictive, especially since Nissan uses the same parts on a variety of models. Hope you enjoy it as much as I have mine. Would like to see some pics so if I'm in town and bump into you I can at least say hi. I do like the looks of the newer generations too. In fact I saw a nice looking silver R50 last night on 9th at Van Dorn headed to hwy 2. Forget what time it was around 2330 maybe. Don't feel too bad about your 3 everyone needs economy these days. I want a sentra or 200sx next.

Best of luck

Tim

Good to see another Nebraskan. (Lincoln?)

This is my first Nissan, so hopefully mine treats me well in the long run. Maybe I'll become a lifetime Nissan buyer. I absolutely love it so far, I have not been happier with a vehicle purchase (new or used) as much as I am with mine right now.

If you ever spot a "sand" colored '03 with a white "KC" (Royals fan... ugh) sticker on the back window, that's me.

Edited by Panbacca