No Torsion Bars...

ILoveMyPatty

Okay, my newly purchased '94 is in need of some different t-bars and another crossmember. I'm wanting to pull the crossmember and t-bars out of my '90 and put the whole setup into the '94. Thing is, I can't find the keys for my '90 right now and was wondering if I pulled the t-bars out anyway, if driving it 50 yards when I find the keys would be fine.

Basically.. I can't push or tow my '90 to where it will spend the rest of its life as a parts vehicle. Will it be okay on the front end parts to drive it without t-bars for 50 yards?

I've been looking for the keys for about 5 hours... no luck. I have absolutely no idea where they went. Tires rubbing wont be a big deal, she's still got a 3" BL in 'er and only 31's so it's all good.

The wood block is a good idea...I should have thought of that!! Dang. Although mine had 235 radial tires on it when I moved it...looked like a Mexicans dream machine for hydraulics...(no racial slur intended)

One time while four wheeling I split the lower control arm and was able to drive my 87 hardbody with the secondary adjuster on the 2 stage torsion bars holding the front end up slightly to friend #1's house, from his house to another friends house where I swapped the control arm I put a metal block between the bump stop and the UCA.

I wonder how hard it would be to design an aftermarket LCA...

yes install would be more inoved but slightly less than that of the TM lift.

maybe a UCA + LCA matched pair with a diff drop so lift could be acheived while maintaining stock susp angles for handling and response.........

I wonder how hard it would be to design an aftermarket LCA...

yes install would be more inoved but slightly less than that of the TM lift.

maybe a UCA + LCA matched pair with a diff drop so lift could be achieved while maintaining stock susp angles for handling and response.........

or just some really long arms and axles for a really high and wide stance?

I'm sure could find some rims off of a HD truck (lots are 6 bolt) so they wouldn't stick out too far while still achieving lift through the long arms reaching further down

I see pro baja trucks all the time with IFS setups jacked way up with crazy long arms xD

Edited by Manifesto

My1path I agree...my angle is wicked and not too road friendly...

Wonder if the HooHaa would help that any...!?

Thought about fabbing a different steering setup, and give it a T&E, then if it works, post it up for others...kinda scary on a DD though...

My1path I agree...my angle is wicked and not too road friendly...

Wonder if the HooHaa would help that any...!?

Thought about fabbing a different steering setup, and give it a T&E, then if it works, post it up for others...kinda scary on a DD though...

the hoohaa does wonders. I would try that AND be sure your idler and other seeing parts are in good order before you try to invent someing new.

I only say that becuse I think the hoohaa is as good as it gets. combined with dual boxes I'm sure in outpeforms calmini, L&P and SLR's steering systms and for a mere fraction of the cost.

once you have the HooHaa if your still not happy @ least it may have given you some Ideas for what else to improve...

Yea, just read your post on the dual boxes...Gotta find a junkyard that has the parts I need...

Anyone thought about lowering the centerlink with some drop pitman arms from another vic that would work on the dual box system to help bring the steering back in closer to factory with cranked t bars?

Wait did I say that already....man...need sleep.