New guy from Michigan

MrPink

Well OldslowReliable sent me to this site since there isnt much info about pathfinders on the other forum i frequent.

My name is Justin, my rig is a 95 Pathfinder SE that is loaded with every option except heated seats. it currently has 208,xxx miles on it and its running great. it has a few quirks but then again its 15yrs old. i have been taking it slow on modding it due to the fact that i normally dont keep vehicles very long but the pathfinder fits me very well.

Things i have done so far in the 2 months of ownership:

Replaced the stock clarion CF speakers with Infinity Kappa 5x7's

Replaced the ancient pioneer with a newer one

Repacked the wheel bearings

Replaced the P/S rear brake line(blew out on the highway)

bedlined my spare tire carrier

bedlined my rear bumper

bedlined the rear "nissan" trim on the hatch

Mounted 1 out of 4 pairs of lights(2 pair roof, 2 pair front bumper)

custom sunroof trim(see pics)

Plans for the truck as of now:

Lift(3" i dont know what brand to go with)

Custom rear bumper

Pre runner front bar w/ bolt on "armor plating"

New wheels(Chevy Rally's)

New Tires(31x10.50x15)

Safari Rack w/light mounts

Dual battery setup

OBA(on board air)

BLS Medic kit

Toolbox

Light control(i am a Volunteer Fire Fighter)

LED light bar

Tint sunroof

Tint front two windows + windshield with matching bronze tint

Fix frame

Engine wise it will be stockish, i will just be putting a K&N drop in, and a set of headers. i will also be mating it to a custom 2.5" exhaust with a flowmaster muffler.

The interior will stay stockish,custom 4x4 selector knob,custom trim, custom switchbox(3pair of fogs,1 other pair wired to stock switch)

My frame is like all other northern pathfinders and has holes in it

But enough of my yapping on to the pictures

S7301249.jpg

S7301250.jpg

S7301251.jpg

S7301252.jpg

S7301240.jpg

S7301241.jpg

S7301242.jpg

S7301243.jpg

S7301244.jpg

S7301245.jpg

You choose the screen name MrPink, yet I see no pink...

New wheels(Chevy Rally's)

Don't forget to hone the hub holes out so they fit :aok:

and welcome!

Welcome to the site man, glad you decided to stop by!

Throw up some pics of your frame rot, never hurts to get a second opinion :D

Idk how cops are around you, but up here if you even have 1cm over the 4" allowed on front windows (or something like that) then you get a major ticket and a fixit ticket O_o so be careful about putting $$ into your tint!

Thanks for the welcomes so far. and as far as the rust on the body goes im going to get 1/8" plate cut and i am going to weld it in place of my rotted rockers and the rest is surface rust in the rear. the fender is going to be replaced as well as the bumper. I know to bore out the centers of the wheels i think i will have a local wheel repair place do it they charge $40 to do it for all 4. so i will have $60 before powdercoat into the wheels. And its $80 for powdercoating so $140 for a set of wheels and then my tires are $75 used from a friend. And i'll get pictures of my Frame up. its actually not that bad i have no body mounts that are broken off, and now its just going to cost me time since i have all my 1/4" plate to do my patches with, except my rectangle tube to rebuild my DS rear frame rail behind the wheel. As far as the tint goes, they will still be able to see me and it will look 100% stock. i dont drive stupidly anymore i have only been pulled over 1 time in 3yrs

Edited by MrPink

I am also in MI, welcome to the site. There is so much info on here it's insane. I actually bought my Pathfinder in Fenton at some small used car lot. I used to work at the TRW plant out there, now I'm way down in SE MI. Get it fixed up and we'll plan a trip with Old Slow and head up to R&V and try to break something. Oh wait thats right I have to do a tranny swap cause my Auto decided to not shift past 2nd anymore. Well anyways have fun with it, I know I have.

Edited by DOA

I am also in MI, welcome to the site. There is so much info on here it's insane. I actually bought my Pathfinder in Fenton at some small used car lot. I used to work at the TRW plant out there, now I'm way down in SE MI. Get it fixed up and we'll plan a trip with Old Slow and head up to R&V and try to break something. Oh wait thats right I have to do a tranny swap cause my Auto decided to not shift past 2nd anymore. Well anyways have fun with it, I know I have.

Yo, if your tranny crapped out, look into the early frontier transmissions, I heard a rumor that their supercharged trucks have beefed up auto's that are bolt-in to our trucks :D

Don't know if its TRUE, but its worth checking instead of 1)getting another trashed auto or 2)the 5 speed swap that will render you useless on the dunes!

my auto is still great, i need to get a external trans cooler but i love that my rig has 208k+ on it and there is no "mods" til now :tongue: but that can be seen as a good or a bad thing. the whole truck is stock. had the OEM wheel bearings in it til a few days ago, i have enjoyed it so far, havent been off road with it yet as i am fixing things first that needed to be done.

Howdy Justin, and welcome!! Nice color Pathy but DAMN @ the rust!! Just something I'm not used to. Well, if you have a question, I'm willing to bet the answer is here, for Pathys anyway... ;)

B

Howdy Justin, and welcome!! Nice color Pathy but DAMN @ the rust!! Just something I'm not used to. Well, if you have a question, I'm willing to bet the answer is here, for Pathys anyway... ;)

B

the rockers are the worst part on the body due to the sunroof drain tubes, the frame is what im more worried about. i need to take car of it if i want my pathfinder to survive the rest of its years.

the pathy isnt staying the current color, im going to rhino line from the body line down but paint the whole truck tan with Rustoleum tan.