I WANT TO BREAK SOMETHING ALREADY!

OldSlowReliable

Jebus. I want to get all these stupid protection projects done (front bumper, sliders, skid plate, rock lights, footlights) so I can get back on the trail....and this time I've decided "wtf is the point of doing all this hard work if I'm going to worry about breaking crap"

I'm not talking about destroying the body or motor/tranny, I just want to break something. I want to snap an axle shaft, or bend a link! I want to DO SOMETHING..

Idk why I just thought of this, I was just sitting here thinking "I can't go wheeling until I finish my bumper sliders and skid plate". and I realized I wasn't worried about any of that crap when it was stock, I wheeled the PISS outta it, and it took it like a champ, and showed up everyone I followed. Since my BL i've been a freakin pansy cause I always want to start another project that breaking something would delay, but I'm sick of waiting to wheel!!!!!!

[/rant]

My deadline for permanent end of modifications is 7-1-10. Lol.

Anyone get what I mean? haha, I miss wheelin!

Edited by OldSlowReliable

I never broke anything until one of my Jeeper friends said "I can't believe you haven't broke anything with that ifs setup". Of course the only thing that broke was my Milemarker hub. So, now that you've said that you're sure to break something.

Why the hell would you want to break something. You do realize that if you break the rear end you've more than likely stressed other critical parts as well. Plus you'd have to get it towed and such. Just swap disks on it from a wrecker if you really want them. And don't the auto's have 4.6s? All mine do....

Why the hell would you want to break something. You do realize that if you break the rear end you've more than likely stressed other critical parts as well. Plus you'd have to get it towed and such. Just swap disks on it from a wrecker if you really want them. And don't the auto's have 4.6s? All mine do....

Mine doth not have thy 4.6 gears :(

I don't really plan on pushing it that hard, but I want to run the risk of something breaking instead of always doing trails I scraped by on as stock, plus, my mom's jeep can haul my pathfinder on a uhaul if need be ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I understand not being able to wheel, but WANTING to break something...man, that is borderline wrong dude!

I hear ya on the panzy issue...since my lift, I have been nursing my stock steering until I can get the funds to either do a TK1 or buy from HooHaa...

Too bad I live where the import is the enemy...I would love to go on a ride with you guys.

I understand not being able to wheel, but WANTING to break something...man, that is borderline wrong dude!

I hear ya on the panzy issue...since my lift, I have been nursing my stock steering until I can get the funds to either do a TK1 or buy from HooHaa...

Too bad I live where the import is the enemy...I would love to go on a ride with you guys.

I live 3 hours north of detriot (gm ford chevy...) .....there are practically NO nissans around here!

I more want to run the risk of breaking something if that makes sense

If you have ever had to fix @!*% on the trail.. you wouldn't be saying you want to break somthing.

trail reparis of busted axles and suspension components just plain sucks.

We don't have those kind of trails around here, we have parks, and some light "offroad trails" that are tame enough for a bus to drive through, but I know what you're saying.

We don't have those kind of trails around here, we have parks, and some light "offroad trails" that are tame enough for a bus to drive through, but I know what you're saying.

gotcha! :itsallgood:

You need to find something like this little rock garden I ran across this weekend. I am pretty sure I would have destroyed my steering if it were still stock.

TableMesaRockGarden.jpg

Dude,I dont think so.I drove through trails like that in gilbert(most worse) and if you dont go plowing you shouldnt have problems.

B,that looks like a side/side...

I will say this,go to Gilbert,you said a while back that you where going to school in wis,so its not that long of a haul from there.

I will say this,go to Gilbert,you said a while back that you where going to school in wis,so its not that long of a haul from there.

Changed my mind....unfortunately before the full ride scholarship letter to that school came in the mail :thumbsdown:

So yeah. As is usual with my luck, I finally get going on the pathfinder and am about to have a 4 day weekend at the offroad park, and my malibu totally craps. What I thought was the sound of mud on the rotors and pads, turned out to be a caliper shoving the inboard pad into the rotor, and completely demolishing both (as in it looked like I took a cutting wheel and used it as a grinding wheel on the rotor)

I hope the caliper isn't shot....but I got 2 rotors with 1yr warranty and ceramic brake pads w/hardware w/lifetime warranty for almost exactly 100 bucks (102 or something like that)

Almost done installing, just had to buy some new bolts

B,that looks like a side/side...

nope, deffinatly a jeep. Hood is flopped open, stock roll bar, round headlight front end with marker lights in the fenders-not the grill, left fender looks to be missing.

And I hate doeing roadside bandages... Let alone break crap where it's harder to fix it... I know what you meant but don't WANT to have more work to do.

nope, deffinatly a jeep. Hood is flopped open, stock roll bar, round headlight front end with marker lights in the fenders-not the grill, left fender looks to be missing.

And I hate doeing roadside bandages... Let alone break crap where it's harder to fix it... I know what you meant but don't WANT to have more work to do.

Yup, definately a TJ or newer

They are the only round headlight, with the 90 degree rear bar roll bar...If not then its a YJ with a CJ front clip. (I think they also have the non-CJ rear bar)

This is all assuming I'm correct in that cj-7's had the 45 degree rear bar, as thats all I've ever seen

:my2cents:

Doesnt have a grill on it that I see,I think its a squire holer any way,damn my hands smell like sucker.Look at the cage,it is a box style behind the driver seat.Looks like a 87-95 model(yj?)But they only had a roll bar,not cage(from the one I've ridden in)But who cares,it a heep,not a fine rig like a nissan.

You'll regret wanting to break something.

Repairs aren't fun when it's either raining, muddy, snowing, 100+ degrees, your truck is buried in a hole, it's on a steep rock ledge, rolled over, don't have the right tools, in an untowable spot, etc.