Junkyard Parts

ahardb0dy

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still looking for the rubber boot for mine, have yet to find one that doesn't look like it was put thru a shredder, if I find one I'm putting it on mine but any other one after mine your welcome to have.

Heard on the radio today this weekend the one junkyard I go to (LKQ) is having a half price sale on any part, so I may see if I can get over there. Only bad thing is I only saw one pathfinder there and it was a 2 door, might have been another one but not 100% sure.

going "shopping" tomorrow, LOL will print out "the list" tonight so I am ready, too bad they don't have coupons like supermarkets!! Anyone think of anything else they may be looking for let me know before 8 a.m and I will look for you

Ok, went to junkyard today (2 actually) it was a rainy day but at least it wasn't 90 + degrees, not much found from the "list", no 4wd hardbody's so no transfer case shifter, all the AIV boxes I did see were rusted to hell, no intact consoles, the rear trim for the window is no problem, broke the first one taking it off but there were plenty others, unfortunately didn't have enough money today to get it, but I will when I go back this coming weekend.

Wish I had more money today, they had a pair of BFG mud terrains 31/10.50/15 that had to be at about 85% of their tread left, they looked almost new, and were the newer style, they were mounted on some 5 lug wheels but the junkyard would take the wheels back after the tires were unmounted, they would have cost $60 total (wheels and tires) than $30 when the wheels were returned but didn't have enough funds to get them, pisses me off will probably never see aa pair or set of tires that nice again and 2 mud terrains for $30!!! Oh well

Finally found a set of the rear window struts from the 99 (thought it was a 98) pathfinder, oh the 99 was an auto so no manual console, wanted to ask, anyone ever swap one of those consoles into a WD21? looks like all that may be required is moving the E-brake over a little, but no idea if it is too wide for the WD21's interior, I'm sure the 99's are a little bigger overall??

So the struts I bought may have been aftermarket as they had the metal clip on the bottom end, Didn't know I would have to cut the bottom ends in half to get the

"ball" out of the factory struts, what a pain in the butt!!

well that was about it for me today, got the rear light base from the 99 and installed that, the rear door panel trim cover (where your arm would sit), and a few small toyota parts for free for my buddy.

There had to be about 6-7 pathfinders in the second junkyard a few hardbody's all 2wd, first junkyard had the 87 2 door pathfinder and a few 2wd hardbody's but that was about it, also found a 125 amp alternator in a 96 maxima that I will get next time to put in my pathfinder, didn't feel like pulling it today in the rain

so update my "list" and next weekend I'll keep my eyes open for anything you are looking for.

oh the 99 was an auto so no manual console, wanted to ask, anyone ever swap one of those consoles into a WD21? looks like all that may be required is moving the E-brake over a little, but no idea if it is too wide for the WD21's interior, I'm sure the 99's are a little bigger overall??

Thats why I'm trying to find one. It will work - a guy on cardomain did it to his WD21 and it looks sweet.

Driver side vent cover thing on the outside!!!

Here...a picture...because I really have no idea what its called...

thevent.jpg

If only you needed the right side... I got one of those under my toolbox at work I'll never use.

that's the part I pulled but when I got to the checkout I wouldn't have had enough for the stuff I needed, sorry next time if you don't get one before than

going to have to look for the pics of the console swap, I need some useable cupholders !!

Edited by ahardb0dy

Thats why I'm trying to find one. It will work - a guy on cardomain did it to his WD21 and it looks sweet.

Yes, I have seen it too, got the pics in my computer as well as the link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/758933/6

That really is some great work. The guy knows how to work with fiberglass :clap::clap:

Would love to do it on mine also, but in blue just doesn't exists and black doesn't go well with my interior.

Thanks for your help, the console really is a quest, an advanture. When you find it let me know.

just told my wife about the console from the 98 PF, and that it has cupholders, which is all she cares about, LOl but she just told me to go to the junkyard and get it!! said I'm not doing anything else but sitting in front of my computer, so I am off again, I'll grab that trim pc that I didn't get yesterday, it seems all and all when I got home I still have some funds left. Hope it's still there, she also told me to buy the 2 tires if I want them, but that's a pain in the butt, would have to buy the tires and wheels than have them unmounted and than return the wheels think I'll pass even though they are a really good deal, but what is the chance I will ever find 2 more matching 31" BFG mud terrains used again, catch you all later, if anyone wants me to look for anything send me a PM and I'll give you my cell number

change of plans, junkyard closes at 4:00 would take me an hour to get there and it's starting to thunder now so may wait till Tuesday as I am off, nice having Monday's off as when ever a holiday falls on Monday we get Tuesday off too, Govt job , LOL, hopefully the console will still be there, and maybe a taurus electric fan $15 can't beat the prices if it works being so old.

Yes, I have seen it too, got the pics in my computer as well as the link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/758933/6

That really is some great work. The guy knows how to work with fiberglass :clap::clap:

Would love to do it on mine also, but in blue just doesn't exists and black doesn't go well with my interior.

Thanks for your help, the console really is a quest, an advanture. When you find it let me know.

thats the one!

Dude thats a wicked idea with the console...too bad I already chopped mine in half.

That price of the Taurus fan is DIRT CHEAP. Get on that! If you did not want it, I KNOW someone else here will double your money.

Driver side vent cover thing on the outside!!!

Here...a picture...because I really have no idea what its called...

thevent.jpg

how's this:

35j9jr8.jpg

the console from the 98 PF was still there except some time between Saturday and today someone broke the part that goes around the shifter, turns out the truck was a 2wd automatic, I was going to buy it cracked and all but after trying a test fit in a PF like mine I said forget it, the 98 console is about 1" wider, no idea how the guy on car domain got it to work, you wouldn't be able to slide the seats forward, plus the auto shifter was about an inch low and looked like crap. Oh well have to figure out a new plan to get cup holders..... did pick up a pair of hardbody headlight buckets and found a fan blade with clutch that looks better than mine, and they didn't even charge me for the fan blade, oh got a new pass. side marker light also,, it was like Africa hot there today, I think I sweated out about a gallon of water !!

the console from the 98 PF was still there except some time between Saturday and today someone broke the part that goes around the shifter, turns out the truck was a 2wd automatic, I was going to buy it cracked and all but after trying a test fit in a PF like mine I said forget it, the 98 console is about 1" wider, no idea how the guy on car domain got it to work, you wouldn't be able to slide the seats forward, plus the auto shifter was about an inch low and looked like crap. Oh well have to figure out a new plan to get cup holders..... did pick up a pair of hardbody headlight buckets and found a fan blade with clutch that looks better than mine, and they didn't even charge me for the fan blade, oh got a new pass. side marker light also,, it was like Africa hot there today, I think I sweated out about a gallon of water !!

That guy must have had to move the seats then... he did put new insulation and got new seats from another car, he doesn't say anything about that.

Well, at least was a good idea to try. :goodpost:

Too bad still no console to me. :doh: