Junkyard Parts

ahardb0dy

what about a quest console? If indeed they even have one. I don't think I've ever even seen the interior of a Quest. And if not a quest something else Nissan that HAS cup holders. :shrug:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you got the plates the buckets mount to to hold them on the core support as well... Right?

I got everything off the core support to remove the stock composite headlights and mount the sealed beams, even cut the headlight plugs and got the rubber boots that cover the back of the bulbs, and all the bolts too, lol I also test fit it on a PF before I left. I didn't take the small rubber pieces above the headlights as the drivers side I would have removed anyway so the K&N can get more airflow. Stopped at auto parts on the way home can't beleive the prices of sealed beam headlights now a days !! $13 for normal ones $20 for silverstars,, each, the Hella conversion ones with the replaceable bulbs are about $50 each !! But as I was thinking last night won't have to worry about the headlights getting yellow or cloudy right ?? Man I miss my discounts I used to get back home, even from the dealer I got 20% off list, well I still get that when I stop in there when I go back home to visit, LOL

Beastpath, you may have an inch on each side of your CURRENT console but if you placed the 98 style in between your seats you would have 1" to little, the PF I tried it in had the pass. seat removed and it was still not going to fit.never mind the seatbelt stalks would be in the way as well, didn't seem worth all the extra effort just for a nicer storage unit and 2 cup holders, to me anyway. Will check the quest consoles in a minute.

Oh, after removing my current fan and fan clutch and comparing the one I bought today which came out of a 2 door that they just put out in the yard, both the fan blade and the clutch are smaller, I installed it anyway but I think the clutch is shot, your not supposed to be able to stop the fan blade while it's spinning right? I used the rubber part of a screw driver handle and the blade stopped very easily, than after the engine cooled down, I removed the junkyard one and put mine back in, which also stops spinning using the screwdriver handle !!

only good thing today is the parking light I got, that fit right on and works good, looks good too.

So when did the 2 door pathfinders switch from a "I" beam style trailing arm to tubular ones? the 2 door I took the fan out of had "I" beam trailing arms and one of them was snapped in half!!

one last thing, the Hardbody I took the headlight buckets off of is also the same truck (cab actually since it had no frame or bed), that I got the window weatherstripping and glove box latch out of, today I actually found the bed and got a little excited when I saw that in the bed it had the newer style hardbody hood !! But after flipping it over it had some bad damage so I passed on it

Edited by ahardb0dy

just checked some Quests, they don't seem to have a console between the seats

My wife's 01 quest has a VCR in the center console so it would be useless in a pathy. VCRs are now useless in the quest. The quest has taller seats so the console might be too high for a pathy anyways.

James

I've read on here about people using the console from a Jeep grand Cherokee?? I looked at one in a co-workers jeep today and unless the one that they swap is from a different year there is NO WAY that thing would fit as it looks bigger then the R50 console!! Anyone have a link for the jeep console swap? thanks

Phone searching sucks but JJ big shoe was the author of the how to IIRC on the JGC console. There's a couple swaps on here (I am one of them) but I think everyone that committed to them are 5speed trucks and I remember I had to cut the lumbar adjuster off the drivers seat. It's snug that's for sure.

Yes, I have seen it too, got the pics in my computer as well as the link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/758933/6

That really is some great work. The guy knows how to work with fiberglass :clap: :clap:

Would love to do it on mine also, but in blue just doesn't exists and black doesn't go well with my interior.

Thanks for your help, the console really is a quest, an advanture. When you find it let me know.

That bastard has the door panels and window switches I want... P...

And he's got auto climate control...

And blue back lighting...

And I bet that sound system is EXTREMELY!!! loud...

And I bet that truck weights a ton more than what it used to...

Edited by Kingman