Junkyard Parts

ahardb0dy

Was just thinking since a lot of members here can not find parts they need locally that it might be a good idea to start grabbing some of the small items that commonly wear out or break. It seems pathfinders (as well as hardbody's) are pretty plentiful down here, this past Saturday we went to 3 junkyards and there had to be at least 10 pathfinders, maybe 4 of them were 2 doors, and I know there was about the same number of pickups. I would be willing to look for and pull some of the common parts that wear out, I won't pull fenders,hoods or large items as shipping would be a hassle but if anyone is looking for anything small, ex. switches, sway bar mounts, etc. let me know and I'll keep an eye out for the parts. Not looking to make a profit just trying to help out.

here is the current inventory from one of my local yards:

2gtuumu.jpg

206ol81.jpg

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you know if that 1998 Pathfinder is a 5 speed or an auto?

oh the 98 I took the rear light cover out of, LOL I believe it was an auto, what are you looking for?

Edited by ahardb0dy

4WD shifter from a HB?

not sure,

If I go this Saturday I'll print up a list of requests and also will note what each vehicle at the junkyard has as to tranny, 2 or 4 wheel drive, maybe take pics of each of them and than will be able to replay better. This past Saturday I had my own list of items I was looking for and other than what I needed didn't really look for anything else.

maybe other members who have pathfinders and trucks plentiful in their area can do something like this as well, we can get a Nissan parts ring started. the nice thing about like switches and electrical parts is I can try them out in my pathfinder to make sure they work before an item can be shipped out.

Edited by ahardb0dy

the bottom pic should not need to be adapted, it should just drop into your console. On my old 87 pickup it originally came with the console with the lid, Nissan first came out with a cushioned armrest that screwed onto the lid, which was nice because it was raised up and you could use it. Later with the pathfinder they came out with the style in your lower pic which I bought from the dealer and installed into mine.

Just keep posting what you may need, if I go this Saturday I'll condense the list and print it out and see what I can find. When I get home I will post what I found and what I did not. I'm not made of money so I may not have enough on me to purchase certain items, small things can probably be sneaked out, but if I do go I will reply back to anyone's reply on what you have asked about.

your talking about the round canister on the drivers side fender well that has like 2 bolts going thru it and has the filter in it? Only found on the VG30i engines?

My console is an open box, with the one on the lower pic I have to cut the bottom of my box so it can slid in and screw on the chassy.

That one might gain hight and be better for "armrest".

I've done it on my father in law's Pathfinder which is grey, much easier to find than blue.

Driver side vent cover thing on the outside!!!

Here...a picture...because I really have no idea what its called...

thevent.jpg

that should be no problem

My console is an open box, with the one on the lower pic I have to cut the bottom of my box so it can slid in and screw on the chassy.

That one might gain hight and be better for "armrest".

I've done it on my father in law's Pathfinder which is grey, much easier to find than blue.

on the bottom of the open pocket at the rear of the console there should be a piece of rubber or carpet, underneath there should be 2 screws as that is where the rear of the console screws down to the floor, with the one I had, you had to remove the rubber, than the 2 screws, drop in the new arm rest storage unit (lower pic in your thread) and put the 2 screws back in, I can't see your truck being that different than our US models even though you are in Portugal.

But I will still look for the console for you

Edited by ahardb0dy

Yes, that's it.

Here you can see it, maybe I'm not explaining myself, this is my interior and my console:

dscf0047hb.jpg

I have to cut the bottom of that box, so I can fit the console and do what you say. :jig:

Thanks for looking for me. :aok:

I just wanted to be able to monitor certain things, not important at all. the 3 gauges were oil pressure, trans temp and the 3rd was originally water temp but removed that one and put in a vacuum gauge, just to fill the hole

this is the list so far, correct me if anything is wrong:

4WD shifter from a HB

AIV cannister ( for an 89??)

blue center console

Driver side vent cover thing (I know what you want)

5 speed console from a 98 pathfinder

Gotta ask, because I have never had my dash out...how tough was that to do? I have done similiar installs, and the cutting part is simple...but is there not a bunch of duct work or something behind all that?

are you referring to the gauges in the dash of my 87? if so, on my 87 hardbody the metal plate behind the glove box is only a straight vertical plate so the top inside of the glove box area was plastic, I had to cut some of the plastic out just to get my hand in there to attach the gauges to the dash, I had an upholstery shop cut the holes and they told me they broke 3 blades cutting the holes, no idea what kind of cutter they used. On my 94 pathfinder the metal plate is "L" shaped and covers the rear and top of the area behind the glove box so there may be more clearance to get behind that area. As for ducts there was nothing in the way in my 87 not sure on the pathfinder. The holes the shop cut into the dash were so close to the gauge size (2 5/8 autometer) the gauges didn't really need the mounting brackets but I used them anyway, only thing I really wanted to do was angle them somehow to make them easier to read while driving.

The truck that gave me the idea to put the gauges there originally had 3 gauges mounted into a panel than installed in the dash, I'm guessing the owner cut a large square hole that would have allowed all3 gauges to fit than secured the plate somehow, I decided just to have 3 holes cut separately.

I will pick up that part if I go this weekend, if not it will definitely be in 2 weeks depends on my funds.