Rear Seatbelts Question

i have a 87 2dr v6, ive sold my 04 magnum now i need to make my pathfinder kid friendly. i am wondering if i could use a later model pathfinder rear seat with shoulder strap to replace the 87 lap belt. im making my 4year old daughter sit in full child seat because i dont feel comfortable with her in a booster seat and just the lap belt holding her in. any help would be greatly appreciated.

I almost did this mod, took all the stuff out of the donor and everything....

...then I found out I didn't have my Wallet @ the JY. I never got back to it.

• center belt will still be a lap belt.
  • I cannot remember if there are pre-existing anchors on the 2dr for the sholder reel and the loop for the strap up top so you may want to peel back your interior and look before you go further.
  • Reel ends for the side belts will need to be removed from under the seats and the recievers from the sides of the seats (you can keep your stock seats)
  • You will need the recivers from the donor (on webbing instead of metal tabs) and everything attached to the reel belt on the donor.
  • Your interior pannels will have to be modified or removed and the donor sholder belt panels will not fit.

I'm sure there is more but at least you have a direction. Keep us posted if you go thru with it. I may or maynot try again some day.

Worst case scenario, cut the mounting tabs (or whatnot) from the doner as well when removing everything and weld em in place, that is if you got a welder and are confident in your skills.

I did this in my 88 for the same reasons you are considering thumbsup.gif

All I had to do was cut a hole/notch in the roof liner for the bold to pass through (mounts already there) and slot the side trim panels so the belt could pass through and down into the sides where the retracting device mounts. And yes, those mounts are also there.

I also grabbed the belt retainers on the side panels to keep the belts out of the way when the seats are down., there is a molded in spot for this to properly clip into, on the side panels as well.

It was obvious that Nissan had planned for rear should strap style belts when they originally designed the WD21's thumbsup.gif

wd212drshoulderbelts.jpg

Edited by RedPath88
Added Pic

Thatcis back there... I like it though :aok: (even if I never have anyone sitting back there. Generally got the seats folded down anyway)

Mine are removed completely, I don't like passengers, they only scream.

• 2 weeks later...

Does Redpath have the fold-down arm rest in the back seat or are my eyes deceiving me. and was this an 87/88 thing only? My 89 doesn't have them but my back seat would be the cat's a$$ if i could get them. I remember my 87 having them back in the day.

Edited by LittleReD89

Yes, my truck does have them, also adjustable backs on the rear seats thumbsup.gif

ajustble backs or ajustable headrests? all WD21 have ajustable seatbacks, Its the same lever you use to fold the seat foward.

ajustble backs or ajustable headrests? all WD21 have ajustable seatbacks, Its the same lever you use to fold the seat foward.

Backs, and no, they don't all have them... in fact some of them don't even have a split bench in the back togo.gif

Parts truck I bought for the trans...

np6lw9.jpg

Solid bench, has the lever but does not recline... only solid bench I have ever seen.