Preformance

So I got an email back from NIStune. Because our ecu is ODB-II, they said they don't have a board for it. But they are coming out with a new board soon that might work. Damn. But, they also said that if I could re-pin a Z31 ECU to work, that I could go that route. This would mean I would have to switch to a 5 speed for ease of it. Change the MAF to the Z31 unit (might be better, might not), and possibly change the gauge cluster. Then send them my old ecu to get the base map loaded onto the nistune board. Seems like a lot of work to do an ECU tune. But i wanted to do this anyway...If only i could win the lotto...

Jose

Doesn't seem worth it, IMO. :shrug:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha, he's talking about the topic title. Its spelled wrong, unless it was intentional. :lol:

And Ty, it may not seem worth it now, but later down the line it will probably help a lot. But that's way down the line. I'm just going to wait for their type 4 board to handle OBD-II (they say they need to add more memory to the board and are trying to figure out how for a reasonable price).

Jose

haha, he's talking about the topic title. Its spelled wrong, unless it was intentional. :lol:

And Ty, it may not seem worth it now, but later down the line it will probably help a lot. But that's way down the line. I'm just going to wait for their type 4 board to handle OBD-II (they say they need to add more memory to the board and are trying to figure out how for a reasonable price).

Jose

Well, once that comes to fruition I'd say it'd be pretty reasonable. Until then, not so sure... :shrug:

I really want to see what this JET V-Force Plus module can do...

simmer down :D , if no one gets it before me then ill let you know. i need to make money and probably wont get it till after this summer :aok:

Edited by pathyboy12

I'll race you, but we can't start till after summer. I go and work in colorado for money and then come back and buy it all. I will have the only vehicle at my school that was paid for by themselves and clean money

I'll race you, but we can't start till after summer. I go and work in colorado for money and then come back and buy it all. I will have the only vehicle at my school that was paid for by themselves and clean money

Clean money? Like washing it? :lol:

Well, let's hope you guys can report good things about the V-force thingy migbober finacle object.

Jose

Clean money? Like washing it? :lol:

Well, let's hope you guys can report good things about the V-force thingy migbober finacle object.

Jose

Clean money as in made from work and not dealing or stealing. I hope it works to

So I got an email back from NIStune. Because our ecu is ODB-II, they said they don't have a board for it. But they are coming out with a new board soon that might work. Damn. But, they also said that if I could re-pin a Z31 ECU to work, that I could go that route. This would mean I would have to switch to a 5 speed for ease of it. Change the MAF to the Z31 unit (might be better, might not), and possibly change the gauge cluster. Then send them my old ecu to get the base map loaded onto the nistune board. Seems like a lot of work to do an ECU tune. But i wanted to do this anyway...If only i could win the lotto...

Jose

then you'll have to stand on one leg on pole over a pit full of aligators while reciting the alphabet backwards in Hungarian and calculating pi to zero...

Trying to find stuff for the R50 is a pain in the arse! Why must all the hoops be on fire?

Because the only mods that ever came for the R50 were of the JDM type, and 95% of those mods are for the turbo diesel anyway... Sadly, the North American R50 got overlooked. :thumbsdown:

Luckily, with the amount of R50 owners on here, it's helping to create some ample exposure to aftermarket ideas, i.e. subframe drops, custom armour, etc. Performance stuffies for the VG33E are still hard to find, though.

This V-Force Plus module seems to have some potential so it's really a matter of one person getting their feet wet to see how it works for our vehicles specifically. I'm about 75% convinced it could be a worthy add-on and permitting certain things go according to plan, I may buy a kit before the end of this month. I'll keep you all posted on that.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i installed the v-force yesterday and drove around today. there is a little gain that i noticed, it gets up and moves a little quicker and has some added power. the downside is if it gets unpluged the truck dies and the cord that attaches to the programer is some what cheap and comes out real easy, soooooo..... i still dont know if it was a good idea or not.......

• 11 months later...

Kind of a gravedig here, but I guess thats what I get for using the search button...

Anybody know what happened with this? How did it turn out in the long run? This was done about a year ago~

Kind of a gravedig here, but I guess thats what I get for using the search button...

Anybody know what happened with this? How did it turn out in the long run? This was done about a year ago~

If anyone flames you for actually using the search feature I will personally rip their arm off and beat them to death with it. Thank you for using it! :dance: