New To Npora

Hi to everybody!!!

I Omar form East Hartford CT. I have a stock 1993 Pathfinder with 133K miles. This truck has gave me excellent service for the last 5 years.

I paid $1,500 and never done any kind of repairs, just oil, filter, spark plugs, and wires.

Now I'm wanted to make some suspension preventive maintenance, and timing belt to keep it rolling for another 5 years. LOL

Well I need the help of NPORA Members with the following items:

- 1993 Full Service Manual in pdf (is this available?)

- Other than Nissan, Where I can buy Front suspension lower A-arm bushings? I got the lower arm forward bushings, but I can't find the lower arm rear bushings.

Thanks and appreciate the support.

Edited by Blackfuse

Welcome!

There should be a download available for your year FSM. Search the forums for it.

For the bushings, I believe you're looking for Tension rod bushings, (also called compression rod bushings) On a truck that old, you'll probably get in there and realize the tension rods, sleeves and cups are all shot. This is not uncommon on WD21's. There are a few threads on the forum with different things people have done to fix the problem.

Here's a thread with an excellent fix for the problem.

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=26145

Edited by Simon

Welcome Bud, I'm sure we can walk you through the repairs you need to make.

Unfortunately, the FSM is only available from 1994 on, but it still applies to 90% of your 1993 model. The only real changes are the dash, some bumper pieces and some trim inside and out so download the '94 version. I believe the thread is pinned in the Garage section.

B

Welcome Bud, I'm sure we can walk you through the repairs you need to make.

Unfortunately, the FSM is only available from 1994 on, but it still applies to 90% of your 1993 model. The only real changes are the dash, some bumper pieces and some trim inside and out so download the '94 version. I believe the thread is pinned in the Garage section.

B

I'm lost what FSM stands for?

Sweet I like the bushing fix. But I looked for the bushing at Rugger's Rock but could not find them.

I will contact edicer2 to get more info.

Thanks, guys.

FSM= Factory Service Manuel

Steeevo(member here) is who to contact about anything on Rugged Rocks. He runs the place and is great to deal with. The compression rod bushing job ain't as bad as it sounds in worst case scenario either :aok: Welcome!

Great.... I will do the job with my friend as soon as I get all the parts.

My tension rods don't look bad, they may break on the way out.

I will be replaicing these parts first...

- Water Pump

- T-Belt

- Front Main Seal

- Tensioner

- Ignition Cap

- Ignition Rotor

Then I will work on the suspenssion, but at the same time I will drop the front dif. to seal the oil pan.

Well I will be looking for Steveooo to get those bushings, and the bearing races will order soon too.

- Water Pump

- T-Belt

- Front Main Seal

- Tensioner

Might as well change the cam seals too while you're in there. IIRC, one of them (the passenger's side I think) tends to wear out faster than the other for some reason. You could use a small drill bit and sheet metal screw to pop them out. I could PM you w/ details if needed.

Might as well change the cam seals too while you're in there. IIRC, one of them (the passenger's side I think) tends to wear out faster than the other for some reason. You could use a small drill bit and sheet metal screw to pop them out. I could PM you w/ details if needed.

I will look into that. I assume the cam gears have to come out too, but this is the right time to do them.

Thanks.

Welcome to the family WAVEY

Cam gears are easy, just 1 bolt each then undo the belt cover (Another 4 bolts).

On 5 out of the 6 cam belts I've done on these engines the right bank seal was leaking.

Cam gears are easy, just 1 bolt each then undo the belt cover (Another 4 bolts).

On 5 out of the 6 cam belts I've done on these engines the right bank seal was leaking.

Got you... well I'm only afraid they get as tight as a Subaru STI Cam gear bolts. OMG thosw get really thight and to get them out you need to heat the heck out of them. I just order the seals too.

Thanks guys for the welcoming...

Well... I just posted in the Garage section my last "fix" or the worst fix I ever done... LOL :suicide:

How To Re-enfoce Pathfinder Rusty Chassis

I thought for some people might be usefull, for others is a no brainer, and for the experts might be an ugly fix.

But i hope you like the effort.

• 2 weeks later...

Last night I spent few hours working on the timing belt.

And.... Yep!!!!... Right Bank seal was leaking oil, and left bank valve cover is leaking too...

FSM= Factory Service Manuel

What!?

Dammit, I believed them when they told me it was Flying Spaghetti Monster! P...

:D Welcome to NPORA, Blackfuse!

I got the bushings at a little local parts place that carries/is affiliated with car quest (i think is the company), just went in and they had them, so you never know where you could just go pick them up.