Another Cross Country Venture...in The Pathy

unccpathfinder

k it was an exacto knife. Blade and I was able to plug it with the ****** plug kit they had there and we ended up stopping in a dry town in Ga....damn blue laws not selling beer after midnight bc its "Sunday" all me nd the gf wanted was a cold beer before bed tonight...3.5 hrs till home...legs hope tomorrow goes better than today

it looks like my post didnt post earlier from my phone...we made it here at 2...got unloaded..returned the uhaul and got the taco from clt and had dinner at my buddies...now heading to the house to get the bed setup and get ready for work tomorrow...

Glad you are home without to much trouble. Almost sounds as bad as one of my trips across. We slid into a ditch in the Ozarks, got stuck in New Mexico for 2 days because the roads were closed from snow, then lost an alternator in Arizona and had to wait another day there for a new one.

Oh geez, how embarrassing - I live down this way and didn't even know that was happening...

Updates say it's open east and west for now,but wind is still expected thought the day and into tonight. East is better, west faced with an accident this morning, but should be clear by now. Hope you got all the "everything that could go wrong" out in the first leg of the trip, and that the rest will be smooth. (almost said breeze, but I'm sure you've had enough of that for a while)

Yea west bound had 4 trucks nail each other...east bound sucked for a while but i jumped on the frontage road and skipped 4 of the 9 miles of traffic where 2 trucks sideswiped each other...i'm sure as you've seen...that was only the start of a hellatious road trip...

Glad you are home without to much trouble. Almost sounds as bad as one of my trips across. We slid into a ditch in the Ozarks, got stuck in New Mexico for 2 days because the roads were closed from snow, then lost an alternator in Arizona and had to wait another day there for a new one.

I had 2 alternators, 2 starters a power steering pump and 2 sets of extra belts along with a ton of other "trail spare" parts so I wasnt worried about that but was worried about no spare tire...doh...one of those soon to come

• 2 weeks later...

Finally have internet at the house so picture time...

Getting on 40 in Barstow:

DSCN5032.jpg

small dust storm before we got to the closure:

DSCN5039.jpg

Rig blown over:

DSCN5042.jpg

DSCN5043.jpg

AZ after dust storm...we jumped on the frontage road and skipped about 4 miles of traffic...this is where the frontage road crossed over ended and dumped us back on 40:

28459_693090030227_36619102_39014663_4349043_n.jpg

camp the first night 40 closure dust storms:

DSCN5045.jpg

DSCN5048.jpg

Finally merging back on to 40(i think they were seeing who had the bigger balls...the left truck is completely jackknifed across the front of the other truck but i missed that pic:

28459_693091123037_36619102_39014683_7977729_n.jpg

Exacto blade and plug (still holding just fine):

28337_693604559107_36619102_39026431_6941708_n.jpg

I"m actually down in Spartanburg SC now...I plan to go to URE in 3-4 weeks...this weekend I hope to finish trimming my fenders and maybe swap out the suspension lift, then get an alignment and buy 2 new tires for the front...whenever I head that way I'll def hit you up...

You don't happen to know any Pawlik's or Jamison's do ya? They're about the only folks I know from up around your area...

I"m actually down in Spartanburg SC now...I plan to go to URE in 3-4 weeks...this weekend I hope to finish trimming my fenders and maybe swap out the suspension lift, then get an alignment and buy 2 new tires for the front...whenever I head that way I'll def hit you up...

You don't happen to know any Pawlik's or Jamison's do ya? They're about the only folks I know from up around your area...

no i dont know them...i need to find them and hit them up....im planning on doing a lift...i have saggy old original and gettin ome 922 springs...hope its not too much of a lift from what i have now...2 inch or so... but yea need to get some pathy guys form around here together...