Gas Tanks

wilson

Personally for the price/effort of doing that, I would do the military buggy thing, and have a rack on the back to carry 4 or more jerry cans.......it would be easier, more successful, and you could customize it better.

BUT

I believe that one of the OZies was trying to adapt a patrol tank into an aux tank, and you could work something out easier if you have a 3" BL...

Edited by OldSlowReliable

Personally for the price/effort of doing that, I would do the military buggy thing, and have a rack on the back to carry 4 or more jerry cans.......it would be easier, more successful, and you could customize it better.

whats the military buggy thing?

I really want a rear tire carrier, mine didnt come with one stock.but I haven't found any really good options

I have considered a 5-ish galon custom made fuel cell to put under the body opposite the muffler. The plan was to run the small tank as a primary for arround town (less evoporative space when not cosuming gas very quickly) and as a reserve when the stock one is used for road trips.

I was gonna cut out some body work from a d21 since their filler is in front of the rear wheel.

There is a pic somewhere on google of a military truck with 8 jerry cans on the back, on a big rack mounted to the back carrier, of course, 4 are fuel, 2 are water, and 2 are diesel (i think, maybe something else) but you could make something to carry 4 jerry cans....

I've also seen people get a roof rack, and put 4 cans up there, they put them on their back so they don't tip off and mount them along the inner edge of either side....

You could also upgrade to the 21 gallon tank if you have the smaller of the two..

there was only one tank on a wd21 and its the 21 gallon tank.

Yep.

I'd go the jerry can route myself, less hastle, and easily removable. Not to mention easier access if you need a quick fire starter :FartExplode-vi: .

I believe that one of the OZies was trying to adapt a patrol tank into an aux tank, and you could work something out easier if you have a 3" BL...

And one crazy Kiwi as well. :whistle:

We have used a tank from a GQ Patrol, but as it turns out it is the same size as my WD21; however I think there is someone who may be able to cut it for me and add another 2 inch strip into it, giving me about an extra 20L Diesel. My tank std is 80L.

With my truck the GQ tank fits bolt for bolt, just the wiring plug is different, but that's an easy fix too.

Edited by kiwipete

Am I stupid, cause I though someone said there was a 15 and a 21......idk

no people just wait till the gauge goes around e then fill and if the gauge reads low they assume that the tank is 15 gallons when they only put 14 in.

Yep.

I'd go the jerry can route myself, less hastle, and easily removable. Not to mention easier access if you need a quick fire starter FartExplode-vi.gif .

yes esp when the pathy has an anti siphon baffle in it. we found that out the hard way when my friend needed gas. We had to siphon from somones Titan instead.

Nissan must have changed something as there are 7 different part numbers for the fuel tank in Nissan fast for the WD21 pathfinders, I'm sure some of the differences have to do with the engine having TB or MPI possibly

Nissan must have changed something as there are 7 different part numbers for the fuel tank in Nissan fast for the WD21 pathfinders, I'm sure some of the differences have to do with the engine having TB or MPI possibly

Never compared that closely, but AFAIK the tanks and sending units in my 88 and 93 are exactly the same. :shrug: