Two Questions

two things for you guys. one is why does it seem a lot of folks run the soft 8 rims? is there something special about them?

also, can anyone give me detailed info on the sound system? i was on crutchfield and they dont have all the info. i know what mine has, but i wanted more detail than just what size speakers i have crammed in mine (the previous owner "fit" wal mart speakers in there, and its obvious they arent the stock size). hopefully someone who knows their pathy a little better can give me some more info like what exact size is supposed to be in there.

why does it seem a lot of folks run the soft 8 rims? is there something special about them?

You can buy em new pretty friggin cheap and don't feel bad about destroying em. Sometimes in those wheel/tire packages

okay thanks! search isnt working for me tonight but i've heard that 3.75 is the backspacing i should order. if i understand right, that makes it stick out more than a 4 inch backspacing would. i got all the other specs i need, just curious about what backspacing. because i want to get some rims that i can run now on 31s and then put a set of 32s or 33s on when i get the mods done.

two things for you guys. one is why does it seem a lot of folks run the soft 8 rims? is there something special about them?

also, can anyone give me detailed info on the sound system? i was on crutchfield and they dont have all the info. i know what mine has, but i wanted more detail than just what size speakers i have crammed in mine (the previous owner "fit" wal mart speakers in there, and its obvious they arent the stock size). hopefully someone who knows their pathy a little better can give me some more info like what exact size is supposed to be in there.

I got 5 of them delivered to my door for $212???

As was said, cheap, reliable, replacable...

8" rims will run 10.5" tires regardless of diameter but always check for the manufacturer's recommended rim sizes, there are differences...

B

I got 5 of them delivered to my door for $212???

As was said, cheap, reliable, replacable...

8" rims will run 10.5" tires regardless of diameter but always check for the manufacturer's recommended rim sizes, there are differences...

B

Ditto, I paid no shipping from JEGS and they were here in 4 days :D

They look good, they are cheap.

i was planning on 8 inch rims. i wouldnt run less with that much tread. i actually ran 9 inch rims with 12.5 tread width on my old chevy. and i like that they are cheap and look good. sounds like a plan. whats the deal with backspacing though? its got me confused. because i want to run 31s for now, then get a set of 32s. so obviously i'm getting the 15+x8. but what sort of backspacing is recommended by y'all?

Exactly, 4" fits fine. I think that is your only option with the Cragar Soft 8 rims in 15x8".

Also, I determined that Pacer also has the identical rims (made at the same factory, same factory item number) so if you can get those cheaper, go for it.

B

okay i know that 4" fits fine, but i honestly want to make them stick out the most i possibly can. so would 3.75" make it stick out more? thats what i'm confused about. and i know about the soft 8s only being 8" but thanks!

okay i know that 4" fits fine, but i honestly want to make them stick out the most i possibly can. so would 3.75" make it stick out more? thats what i'm confused about. and i know about the soft 8s only being 8" but thanks!

Just remember, the further out you go, the more fender you need to trim by the firewall with larger tires. Also, there is a lot more resistance in turns the wider set the wheels are, that translates to more wear on the steering components, the weak link on our trucks.

okay now i'm really confused. why would i need to trim the fender by the firewall with larger tires?i thought that was only if i wanted to put larger tires than the sheet metal allowed with the given lift taken into effect. because the tires wont fit inside the fenders up front when its compressed anyways. so why would i need to trim them?

and the stress on steering does make sense.

Because instead of the stock tires being tucked into the fender well over bumps, tires that stick out further will hit on the outer lip of the fender and it is ugly when they do. To avoid smashing the fenders, cutting is advised...

Edited by Kingman

okay now i'm really confused. why would i need to trim the fender by the firewall with larger tires?i thought that was only if i wanted to put larger tires than the sheet metal allowed with the given lift taken into effect. because the tires wont fit inside the fenders up front when its compressed anyways. so why would i need to trim them?

and the stress on steering does make sense.

Look at the right truck in my sig pic (88 with 31x10.5x15tire,15x8 wheel with 3.75bs, no lift) I am rubbing the fender by the door/firewall in that pic.

okay, i understand now. i thought that with the lift and the right tires, they wouldnt hit the fender anyways at flex. but that makes sense, that if they would hit, that i would have to cut the fenders. i thought that with the 3" BL and 3" SL that running 32s or 33s wouldnt hit the body. but that makes sense. thanks!

Usually even with both lifs and 33s you need to cut that area. I think you would clear 32s OK.

I didn't have to, only when I have the flares on did it require about an inch of trimming on the very bottom (not showing) edge to stop it from rubbing...I also only got like 1.5-2" of lift outta my front (still gotta crank)

My '91 XE has 5-1/4" rounds in the doors and I believe 6x9's in the back (although I haven't checked to verify that)

According to Crutchfield, you can fit 6-1/2" rounds in the doors and 6x9's will fit in the back.

As for the specifications of the factory speakers, I suspect you have a google search ahead of you, if your local Nissan dealership can't tell you.

Edited by Chymos