Re-Filling The Transfercase...without Making A Huge Mess?

kcpath

How in the F do you fill the t-case without making a mess. I took a hose and clamped it to the end of a small funnel, then gently pored fluid into the funnel...but it made a mess. I think I got the t-case full, but with out a pump how else can you fill the sucker up?

go to the harware store and get a 3/4" pipe male fitting(MIP) with a 5/8" or 3/4" BARB on one side then get 6ft of clear preassure hose to go with it, ya know for like washers and stuff...(non preasure hose collapses to easy).

now you can thread the fitting into your manual tranny, t-case, front diff or rear diff and slip the hose over it and using a funnel on the other end easily pour the oil in. watch the clear hose near the fitting, when it starts to stay filled catch the exess in an oil tray when you dissconnect. Install plug and wipe with rag.

If you know your oil quantity before hand and your patient (let the hose drip try for a few before removing)you can do this without even a drip.

go to the harware store and get a 3/4" pipe male fitting(MIP) with a 5/8" or 3/4" BARB on one side then get 6ft of clear preassure hose to go with it, ya know for like washers and stuff...(non preasure hose collapses to easy).

now you can thread the fitting into your manual tranny, t-case, front diff or rear diff and slip the hose over it and using a funnel on the other end easily pour the oil in. watch the clear hose near the fitting, when it starts to stay filled catch the exess in an oil tray when you dissconnect. Install plug and wipe with rag.

If you know your oil quantity before hand and your patient (let the hose drip try for a few before removing)you can do this without even a drip.

I'm going to nominate this as the best piece of advice I've heard all day.

I usually run the hose thru something on the way down (tire carier, bumper or maybe a tripod on the side) so that I don't even have to hold it while I'm waiting for the oil to run down the hose...thumbsup.gif

get one of these:

SHURflo-Drill-Pump-LSS-_i_LBM70734.jpg

Stick one end in the bottle, one end in the t-case. Fire away until the fluid starts coming out the fill hole. Wipe, and put the plug back in.

• 4 weeks later...