Need Help Changing Drive Belts

TexasPthFnder95

Loosen all the bolts on each accessory, then loosen the idler adjuster on each accessory until there is enough slack to get the belt off. Each belt is a different size, so be sure to match them up before installing the new ones. Oh, and get a feel for each belt's tension before you start on it so you don't adjust the new ones too tight.

The power steering tensioner bolt is best accessed thru the passenger wheel well

The A/C, loosen the one in the center on the idler, then the long bolt on top

The alt is done from the front

Good luck

Gator backs glaze up bad,I had a brand new one on the ac compresore on my 95 and in 6 months it was howling like no other.

Keep one or two of the old ones and throw them in the back,because a worn belt is better then no belt.

trailtip that can't be ignored.

• 2 weeks later...

The power steering tensioner bolt is best accessed thru the passenger wheel well

The A/C, loosen the one in the center on the idler, then the long bolt on top

The alt is done from the front

Thanks, my power steering belt squeals like mad when it's cold out and is obviously not tensioned very well.

• 2 years later...

Get Gates V-belts, they are the best. I tried them all, even the OEM belts directly from Nissan, and Gates beats everything hands down.

Just be aware that some places have the A/C belt listed as 57" but it's really 55". You need 9550 and not 9570.

Changing them is nothing complicated. There are 6 bolts total. You loosen the locking fasteners and then turn the tensioners until you can get the belts off.

Edited by Tungsten