Bang Suspension Dropped On A 95

FUELER

I believe you have less settling if you don't jack up the vehicle; you never unload the suspension...

B

The suspension is currently COMPLETELY unloaded. :shrug:

The settling with stock bars, that have been in the truck for 15 years should be minimal, especially going back up to the same height.

Either way will work, Fueler..whether on the ground or off, I've just found it easier with no load on the suspension. Personal preference.

The suspension is currently COMPLETELY unloaded.

One side, not the side he is trying to match. :shrug:

Oh, FUELER, when you start to get close to the 'old' height, the non damaged side will start lift also so keep measuring both sides until they are even, then check them against the rear. I believe slightly nose down is the desired stance, mine is .75" lower in front but .5-1.0" should be a good range. I measure to the center of the body crease and graduated a metal pole for this so I could just set it there and not fight with a tape measure each time.

B

its done and the WD is gone from my drivweay!! I want to thank everybody here for all the great advice and help!!

The only problem, was that i indexed the anchor arm too low.... so now the anchor arm kinda sticks out from under the crossmember, by about 3/4 of an inch.

Well he doesn't rock crawl, and i was working for free, so we left it like that, shouldn't be a problem.

THANKS AGAIN ALL YOU GUYS I REALLY APPRECIATE IT!!!

I'm glad to see this thread - I will have to re-check my t-bars now... I think when I re-indexed them, I may not have put them into the anchors the whole way... would really suck to have the threads strip out on me...

• 4 years later...

This just happened to mine, for the second time. The first one I was at a trail and thought it was caused by some bumps over rocks.

Now it happened when I was going to work. I've just heard a large CLANK and the truck sat like a lowrider on the driver's side, while the passenger's side is lifted :/

I didn't have time yet to check if the anchor or the tbar is stripped.

Edited by flnl

It it engaged all the way? Is the snap ring in place on the other side of the rear cross member?

B

I didn't have time to check it yet.

Maybe that's missing. It is what keeps the anchor in place, isn't it?

I just went out and took some shots of mine for comparison :aok:

20141205_170943.jpg

20141205_170913.jpg

20141205_171758.jpg

To me it looks like your adjuster slid back and took the TB with it.

If you look at the rear shot of both my your adjuster and mine you will see that frame crossbar is sitting in the groove at the end of the adjuster, while yours is not. My guess is that you do not have the C-Clip on the front/TB side of the adjuster (See second pic above)

Also take note of the difference in the amount of threads visible at the front of the TBs/LCAs.

The C-Clip is there. But the splines of the front anchor are stripped just as FUELER's photo. I guess it was improperly installed by the guys that rebuilt the tranny.

I'm gonna check some JY to get "new" ones.