Now The Abs Light Is On.....

zack1978

HI everyone,

After the long saga of attempting to figure out the check engine light issues, now the ABS light is on. At this point two seperate shops have given up on attempting to fix my truck (the code comes up as an O2 sensor, and it has a new one, and they have even tried other new ones.) But that aside, now the ABS brake light is lit. Any ideas for causes for an ABS light? Are there sensors to the ABS system? IS there a reset procedure for the ABS light? When you first start the truck, the light is off, then it comes on after about 5 seconds or so. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Zack

have you had your brakes done lately ?? there's a connector on the front that connects to the disk assembly... verify if the connector is till attached or not cut... obviously, like any obd2 vehicle, knowing the exact code would help you alot.

have you had your brakes done lately ?? there's a connector on the front that connects to the disk assembly... verify if the connector is till attached or not cut... obviously, like any obd2 vehicle, knowing the exact code would help you alot.

Not on WDs dude, we have rear ABS only.

Mine has been on for 3 years, I busted the sensor on the pinion. Another basic cause for the light is low brake fluid. The good news is even if the ABS system isn't working, you still have full brake function.

BTW, You can check the ABS computer codes with a good shop computer like a MODIS.

Mine has been on for 3 years, I busted the sensor on the pinion. Another basic cause for the light is low brake fluid. The good news is even if the ABS system isn't working, you still have full brake function.

BTW, You can check the ABS computer codes with a good shop computer like a MODIS.

Well the light only came on after the attempted Check engine light fixes. I am not ruling out that an ABS part that could be broken, it is just strange that the light is now on. When they attempted to fix the CEL, they even tried a new computer, and that did not help, so that is what made me think of resetting the system in some way? If I pulled the battery cable for a moment, would that reset the system?

Thanks,

Zack

I said that cause eventhough it's in the wd section, it says 96 on his profile..so it would be an r50...not a wd21...

Edited by fleurys

Well the light only came on after the attempted Check engine light fixes. I am not ruling out that an ABS part that could be broken, it is just strange that the light is now on. When they attempted to fix the CEL, they even tried a new computer, and that did not help, so that is what made me think of resetting the system in some way? If I pulled the battery cable for a moment, would that reset the system?

Thanks,

Zack

Pull the battery cable, turn on the headlights, wait a few minutes, turn off headlights, reconnect battery. I read that somewhere on here. Couldn't hurt to try. Unless the shop reset the codes the CEL would still be there. So maybe they did fix it but couldn't figure out how to reset it. :lol:

Hope this helps.

I said that cause eventhough it's in the wd section, it says 96 on his profile..so it would be an r50...not a wd21...

Alright, I can see that...so is it posted in the wrong section, or is his year wrong? :shrug: