finally got my lift on (pics)

after about 9 hours of me and my dad struggling to get everything done, we finally did. i am very happy with the way it came out! got the 2" ac lift, kyb struts and bilsteins in the rear. manual hubs were also installed. also got 32" mickey thompson baja ATZs and 16x8 rock crawlers with 4.25 BS. i had to trim just very little. i took off the splash guards, but kept on the passengers side just to cover the thing that holds my wiper fluid. with those removed will it cause any problems? let me know what you guys think!

IMG_2640.jpg

IMG_2658.jpg

IMG_2654.jpg

IMG_2648.jpg

IMG_2661.jpg

if you look below, i noticed my CV boot was torn when we were doing the struts. how bad is this and do i have to buy a whole new axle or just the boot?

IMG_2646.jpg

You can get just the boot kits at the local parts store.

Hear any popping yet when wheeling? If so I'd just swap 'em out for new...mine came with lifetime replacement warranty!

i have heard nothing. it seems to have been like that for a while now too. i will probably just replace the boot and see how that works out

i have heard nothing. it seems to have been like that for a while now too. i will probably just replace the boot and see how that works out

Right on. Have fun! It's a messy job, or maybe I'm just a messy mechanic B)

Great looking rig btw!!

Imo its easier to just replace the whole CV, they last awhile and they come with a lifetime replacement warranty. Its actually less work to replace the CV than to replace the boot itself. Truck looks good too :aok:

replace the cv and keep/rebuild the old as a spare :)

definetly the wiser choice

I cut my inner fenders out too, have had them cut for about 2 months now and have had no problem with them; I even cut the one where my washer fluid was because I put 31's on before I got the lift and had to do some major trimming, and now have no problem with rubbing or stuffing the tire....

Nice lift!!!

My advice, dont go with cheap chinese axles, or even rebuilt OEM axles. They are cheaper in the short term but more expensive in the long run.

Repair the torn boot you got or replace with brand new Nissan axle...

now i don't know whose advice to take! i think i will buy the boots just to hold me over, then buy new axles in about a month after a few more paychecks! :rolleyes:

in my experience a boot is about 10x more a PITA to replace than just popping a new axle in place. jus my 2cents :my2cents:

whocares.gif lets all just calm down

Look at that, the new guy has the best advice out of everyone here togo.gif

Alright, posts that offered nothing have been removed and/or edited.

Let just focus on constructive responses to help exit34rocker1017 out thumbsup.gif

okay! looks like ill be replacing the whole CVs!

Good decision, it will only take you like 10-15 minutes to do. I got mine at Orilleys Auto, came with a lifetime warranty so when its snaps or the boot ruptures again all you have to do is go get another one :handlebars:

put the chinese (lifetime warranty) axles next to the OEM axles

you will notice that the chinese ones are much thinner in a few spots

the chinese ones do not have a rubber damper ring installed, like the OEM ones do (eliminates vibrations)

A chinese axle (like autozone or oreilly) costs about $80 retail. With a wholesale account, they are only $30. Oreilly buys them for like $10 a pop. Do you really want to run $10 axles on a $1000 lift kit ???

Nice looking Rig :aok:, Next SFD (Sub Frame Drop) Now that's a project. :rofl:

i would LOVE to do a sub frame drop, however i'm not too familiar with it and dont know all the parts i need.

are the CV axles that 4x4parts sells OEM or are they aftermarket?

Agree 100% that replacing boots is 10x the job of just swapping axles.

Can't say for sure on the quality of O'rielly CV's, but for $60 bucks a pop and lifetime replacement for a swap that takes less than hour..... :whocares:

I've done both jobs. I won't be repairing boot's anymore thanks to the replacement guarantee, but if I hadn't already bought them and needed to save the money....time to get greasy and just buy some rubber.

Mmmmm, good :popcorn:

i would LOVE to do a sub frame drop, however i'm not too familiar with it and dont know all the parts i need.

are the CV axles that 4x4parts sells OEM or are they aftermarket?

Apparently aftermarket. I compared and the axle itself in between both boots is definitely thicker than the OEM one. I've had them since October '08 and they're still going strong. :aok:

Also, a good way to extend the life and durability of the CV boots is to apply silicone spray. :togo: