finally got my lift on (pics)

Apparently aftermarket. I compared and the axle itself in between both boots is definitely thicker than the OEM one. I've had them since October '08 and they're still going strong. :aok:

Also, a good way to extend the life and durability of the CV boots is to apply silicone spray. :togo:

i have some silicone spray, but where exactly do i spray it?

quick question, when i lock the hubs and engage 4x4, i hear clicking from the wheel that has the broken CV. when i drive straight its constant clicking only when i am applying the gas pedal. it gets faster when i give it more gas and stops when i let off the pedal. also if i am going slow and turn to either the right or left, it starts clicking (which is a different louder sound than the previous). this is only in 4wd and is only on the side of the car with the broken CV boot. is it CV thats making this noise? thanks!

quick question, when i lock the hubs and engage 4x4, i hear clicking from the wheel that has the broken CV. when i drive straight its constant clicking only when i am applying the gas pedal. it gets faster when i give it more gas and stops when i let off the pedal. also if i am going slow and turn to either the right or left, it starts clicking (which is a different louder sound than the previous). this is only in 4wd and is only on the side of the car with the broken CV boot. is it CV thats making this noise? thanks!

yes that cv joint is shot. do NOT run in 4wd until you replace that axle. it can seize on you and then your in a whole world of crap after that.