frames

ant

i have an 88 pathfinder 2 door xe.. the frame just exploded in the rear.. what year pathfinder frames will fit under my body? and i also have the stock steel rims can i put 31's on them?

87-95 frames will work.@ some point the rear body mount bolts are differant but I think all else is the same.

If yo want a leaf sprung pathy (I don't know why anybody would) 86.5-97 Hardbody pikcup may also fit with some modifactions to gas tank mounting on the donor.

ive heard we can use 1st gen xterra frames as well...the only nice thing i see about doing that would be if you got the frame and axles so you have the wider wheel base.

but personally, x3 to OldSlowReliable

the xterra has a better UCA system for those who have suffered poor uca anchors you will know what I mean.

The Xterra UCA mounts direct to the frame instead of to a spindle. Instead of using shims for alignment they use offset cam bolts.

at this point the frame is so rotted it isnt even worth rebuilding.. i got an estimate and its more than the truck is worth.. thats why i was trying to find what years fit mine i found a nice one at the junkyard with absolutely no rust.. its out of a 94... thank you for all the help..

• 5 weeks later...

car-part.com has quite a few frames available, quite a few from down south. If you have access to a trailer, you could go on a roadtrip and bring a good one up north. Get it hot-tanked and galvanized before you swap it in and it'll outlive you! Good Luck!

when checking for frame rot at the wreckers don't just look for rust on the outside. Its very deceiving. There are holes in our frame by the rear wheels, stick your fingers in there and feel the INSIDE of the frame as well. Lots and LOTS of frames are rotting from the inside out.

Good luck.

when checking for frame rot at the wreckers don't just look for rust on the outside. Its very deceiving. There are holes in our frame by the rear wheels, stick your fingers in there and feel the INSIDE of the frame as well. Lots and LOTS of frames are rotting from the inside out.

Good luck.

Hammer test, lightly tap along the frame and you'll know when you hit a rot spot.

the xterra has a better UCA system for those who have suffered poor uca anchors you will know what I mean.

Better in some ways, worse in others. Replacing the UCA's on an X, usually requires cutting the Camber bolts out. Not to mention, the camber can go out of alignment easier.