For Those Of You Who May Have Doubted Me

01silvapathy

Yup as the title says, I finally got the time to mount my 1.5in wheel spacers and get my friends tires mounted on my stock wheels, they are stuffed, and rubbed like a mofo- but with a little trimming and hammering they dont rub at all. They feel awesome, and really gives the pathy a good look IMO. I'll post up the pics I have, I dont have pics of the trimming, and probably wont for awhile til, the 17th about. I'll try and get online to answer questions, but i'll be without internet til then.

100_0839.jpg

100_0841.jpg

100_0840.jpg

100_0842.jpg

100_0845.jpg

100_0846.jpg

Looks great! Awesome in fact! Though I like the look of most off-road trucks, I do like the stockish but functional look. Wish I change my mind about taking to mine with a hammer to make 33s clear..... My 31's just scrape on full articulation and full steering lock. They only scrub on the front mud flaps but I like the std look so don't want to remove them.

I would like to see pics after the 17th of the damage (mods) you did to fit them in.

Nick

Definitely looks very good.... now I wanna see a full rear flex picture....! When you can, also, list what you have for the modifs (AC coils, Spacer ??...)

Andrew's signature has a list of his mods.

Looks awesome bro! Love the way the tires 'curve' on the rims. Best look IMO. Now I wonder how much trimming I'll have to do when these 15x10's finnaly get mounted (although I'll have to use 31's to begin with due to no lift at all, sucks big time). I would love to see the pics of the trimming you did. very informational $h!t.

Jose

Thanks everybody for all the comments. I am definately getting more looks with these tires on, im driving around to try and find a stock pathy to park next to and take pics. As of now im at my grandma's place til schhol starts back up, im just using the local libary for the internet. ill take some pics and a video and post them up. I have just the AC 2in Lift coils front and rear, with manual locking hubs. I had to take off the front mud flads and trim the front bumper and cut quite a bit of plastic out from the wheel well, it maintains the stock appearance from the outside, with only minor rubbing while in full lock while reversing (i have a pair of snips so when im driving i can just cut whatever rubs when it comes up) But i dont wanna try and flex LOL....I wont be able to do that until the 17th at the earliest :angry: I'll go and take some pics now and ill be back on tomorrow to post up my results :aok:

Nope, have not yet had a chance to stuff the rear, and wont have a chance to until the 17th when im back in East Texas where there are plenty of places to go "explorin" The actual size is 285/75/16...I measured witha tape measure the other day and the outside diameter is 32.5 on the outer edge from wear on the previous vehicle, and the middle is 32.7. So its pretty close to a 33

Edited by 01silvapathy

Cool. Please also report on your observations about fuel economy, acceleration, and braking.

Acceleration is a tad bit slower, being that I have the VQ its not that bad. Breaking is a bit slower, but nothing scarry just seems to be equilizent to having a full passenger load. When you think about it there is less weight with the new tires than there would be with having ppl in the car. Handling is def changed, I have to turn slower and I can feel the rear lift a bit more when taking sharp tuns at speed. I'll make a video tour/driving video when I get back to school along with the trimming that I did, and attempt to flex. Gas Milage..........dont even get me started heh, that is now terrible, maybe its my driving style combined with the unusually cold temps, but it seems to be VERY low like maybe 10mpg LOL. I'll do a calculation when i go back to school and will use a full tank of gas.

Been doing a bit of figuring, and I used a quarter of a tank of gas according to my gas guage. During that quarter tank of gas, I traveled 57 miles. So knowing that the gas tank is 20 gallons.....about 5 gallons of gas for 60 miles roughly- City Driving and about 10MPG :chairfall: I'll be back in Nac where I go to college this sunday and ill be sure to post up costs of a 4hr drive back to school :thumbsdown:

actually I find the gas gauge on pathfinders (wd's AND r50s) reads lower than it actually is. Considering the tank is 80 liters, so 1/4 is 20 liters, I filled up at exactly 3/4s and it only took 15. When its at exactly half I can usually get 35-37 liters in.

Just remember you have to fill up, drive, fill up again and divide miles by gallons put in.

If I was you in the future put some 4.6 gears in her, I'm going to do that in the next couple of months. I think it will run closer when you had the stock size tires on with that ratio to help with power and also get better brake pads and cross drill slotted rotors to help with the stopping. She real nice, can't wait to see it with the SFD.

David

Thanks David, I was planning on doing that in the future, perhaps over this summer break. But for now she still pulls like a champ and stopping isnt too too bad.

I did some calculations for gas mileage on my drive down to college. I used 14 gallons of gas in the 4hr drive to my school......I traveled 232 miles, on 14 gallons, so I averaged 16mpg Highway!!!!! Seems to be better than with the stock size tires imo. And that gas milage included several merges, and racing a lifted F150 until I hit the limiter (I won that race to BTW :aok: ) So I think that thats pretty good I believe that 250 miles to a tank is d0-able but I will soon find out, just filled up the other day and I will post back up when the amount of gas goes down. I'm also planning on taking the pathy for a photo shoot later on down at the river and in the woods B) So i'll post back up pics of everything.

100_0873.jpg

100_0875.jpg

100_0877.jpg

100_0880.jpg

100_0881.jpg

And for those of you who may want to know....NO I DID NOT RUB, not once did I hear any rubbing even while in 4wd full lock in reverse with the wheels cranked either way :itsallgood: I hear more rubbing while driving and parking on the street then I did when off roading. I love those BFG AT's too in other places where I would have been spinning my old tires these things just bit In and drove me out!! I love this set up, and if you have a VQ I dont see why you wouldnt want to run 33's......Roll with the cool kids....Me and Alex...us texas boys gotta roll big :aok:

WOW that is close to the rear guard lips......

It does look awesome! Were you still going to post a "how to" or will that be in the "how to" section??

Nick

What do you want me to post about? I mean its a really simple job, just bolt on the spacers using the old wheel studs and nuts, then get the tires mounted on the wheels and bolt them up....after thats done, all you have to do is trim as nessicary :aok: I will be taking some pics this weekend of the trimming that I have done. As well as some possible wheeling videos, depending on wether or not we can get to where I want to go.

hoo man.... i,m jealous.... I still have to do another year with my 32's...then I know what i'm I'll be working on.... :coolpics:

Well, good luck to ya, its very important to keep in mind that these are USED tires, they measure 32.8 in the front its not that worn, but the outer edge is kinda worn more from the truck they used to be on. If you buy NEW tires you may have to do a bit more trimming, also if you go with a mud terrain you may need to trim more. Just my reccomendation, but they will still no doubtedly fit, just may take awhile to stuff.

ALSO those rear tires stuff with the STOCK BACKSPACE. If you are running aftermarket wheels, you will most definately RUB ALOT!!!!! You must run the stock wheels, OR aftermarket wheels with the STOCK OFFSET. I am using stock wheels up front with the 1.5 in wheel spacers. I dont know the stock backspace of my double tri star wheels but im guessing its over 4, perhaps even 4.5.....so just be warned, you have to know what your bs is before attempting this.