Stock Brush Guard With Body Lift?

jpawela

Hi, this may be a dumb question with a one word answer. I'm looking at buying a stock brush guard from a guy on craigslist. Eventually, I will want to do a body lift. Will the brush guard still fit with a body lift or will I just be wasting my money?

Thanks!

From what I understand, the brush guad(not winch capable) mounts to the bumper itself.

the body lift kit includes brackets to relocate the bumper so I assume that the bushguard would move with it....

BUT I have also heard that these brackets are flimsy and with the added weight of the brush guard it may be hard to keep it from sagging.

maybe somone who knows more on this will chime in...

I had a brushguard that mounted to the frame and it didn't have mounting points for a winch...And I had to take it off when I did my body lift.

It was given to me by an npora member, and I passed it on to another lol.

This should answer year/fitment questions...

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=24854

But if it mounts off of the frame bottom like most do, it will seem lower when you do a lift, and if it ties into the bumper, that will be an issue as the bumper is relocated when you do a body lift. That said, anything can be fitted with a grinder and welder. I recently had my ARB winch bumper stretched to fit my 2" body lift...

B

• 2 weeks later...

It will fit with some bending of the bottom brackets. I have a stock brush guard on my 93 with a 3" body lift. I will however get a shop to make me up some longer bottom brackets (the ones that attach to the frame) but it works fine for now, just a little weak!

I bought my BG used missing all mounting hardware. I already had a 2" BL so I mounted it up to the bumper, and saw where it met the frame. Mine ran right into the end of the frame, to I used the holes in the frame to run a plate and some bolts between the frame and the bottom of the BG.