In-Channel Ventshades

tekazgtr1984

Scooped up a set of AVS in-channel ventshades for dirt-cheap for my R50 and they installed easily and looked quite good. However, due to either not setting properly or poor engineering on AVS's part, they're just not working out as I hoped they would. My driver's side window goes down nice but comes up crooked. The rear passenger's side window goes down fine but comes up only to hit the ventshade's outer portion. Therefore, I'm hoping to simply remove and chuck 'em.

I'm guessing I'll need a heat gun to allow the adhesive to warm up to ensure easy removal without damaging the window channels. Before I go through with this, though, I thought I'd see if anyone has maybe already done/tried this.

Thanks! :beer:

Will they fit a 2000 r50? If you don't ruin them taking them off I might want them.

Also mine did the same to the rear window. My solution was to get a bit more double sided tape and attach the one side that didn't come with tape, now my windows work perfectly.

i have them on my 92 pathfinder and they seem to work great. at first they wouldnt allow the window to roll all the way so then i helpd the window up and made sure it didnt hit stuff then i let them stay up for a while to squish the tape and now they have a nice tight fit!

My in channels did the same thing. There should be clips that go inside the channel, sort of U-shaped, to allow the window to close properly instead of hitting the plastic. On mine, I used some clear silicone to assist the 2 sided tape in adhering to the channels. Removal is really just a matter of pulling, while holding the rubber channel material in place. I'd try the silicone though, before doing away with the ventvisors.

Will they fit a 2000 r50? If you don't ruin them taking them off I might want them.

Also mine did the same to the rear window. My solution was to get a bit more double sided tape and attach the one side that didn't come with tape, now my windows work perfectly.

Yeah, they'll fit any R50 because all the door windows were the same from '96-'04. If they come off without a hitch, they're yours. :)

My in channels did the same thing. There should be clips that go inside the channel, sort of U-shaped, to allow the window to close properly instead of hitting the plastic. On mine, I used some clear silicone to assist the 2 sided tape in adhering to the channels. Removal is really just a matter of pulling, while holding the rubber channel material in place. I'd try the silicone though, before doing away with the ventvisors.

My kit didn't include any U-shaped clips. Maybe I got hooped by AVS? :lol:

In any case, I should've probably used some clear silicone to help the adhesive set better. I think I'm just going to remove them and be done with them. :shrug:

Thanks for the assistance everyone! :beer:

i have them on my truck, but i don't remember using the clips simon spoke of. The adhesive tore off after a few years so i took them off, scraped the old tape from them, scratched up the surface, put a layer of pl2000 on them, stuck them back in the channel and rolled up the windows until they set for a couple days. They haven't budged in 4 years and the window never gets hung up on them.