Key Snapped In Ignition

YoungWheelsCT

so as the title states my key has snapped in the ignition n i was wondering how easy is it to swapped the ignition from one pathfinder (of the same year 1995) to mine n for the key locks if a keysmith would be able to fab up a new key using my door key lock. any ideas would be great thanks :ar15:

All good advice so far. The housing set up is different for manual and auto trannys but I don't know if the lock cylinder is any different. Just keep it in mind if you swap out from another truck. :shrug:

B

If you need a locksmith to make a copy from the broken key (don't have a spare?) you could just let them remove the broken piece while they are at it.

Just remove the cylinder assembly and take it to a locksmith :aok:

Also, when you have it out, check to see if there is a hole on the other side that you can insert a pin or something to push it out. I don't know if there is one, but it can't hurt to look (and hope) ;)

It's done for...just buy a new truck and donate that one to a member in need.

Seriously though, just call a locksmith. Either take it to them or sometimes they come to you. No need to pull the ignition then!

I know, just some locksmiths have mobile service and might be worth the extra buck for someone who reads this some time in the future and don't want involved in pulling the ignition out. Just an added suggestion to add to the list of already good ones that covered the basics already :beer:

Get a toothpick, and some superglue. apply some superglue to the toothe pick... then apply the gluey side of the toothpick to the key... hold for a min or so untill the glue cures... then pull out, and hope of course.