Water, Water Everywhere!

JesseLivingston

I got mine fixed in the summer too, by a bodyshop even and it's still wet. I'm not too happy!

I was thinking it might have been from a wheeling trip as the water when 4 inches above the bottom of the doors but I'm not sure. Makes the truck stink!

I always find my doors themselves fill up and drain allot quicker than the rest of the cab. ever open your door after crossing and see water pouring out of it but none never got inside?

I've gone through some crazy water crossings this summer, and I really didn't get any water in the cab, even though I literally crossed a pond the size of a football field that was a good 14" up my doors...(i think i was floating lol) and that didn't put any water in my cab...

But, I did have a runin with a waterhole being dug deeper by someone, and the nose dove down completely under water, and up to the windsheild. Luckily it dove back up within a few feet, but it nearly hydrolocked my engine, and water was pouring in through the passenger side footwell by that little black module (actually dripping DOWN into the cab) and of course in the hole under my rear seats..

I should also add, that I don't have ANY holes in my drivers floor pans, but when I did my BL, my carpet and insulation was SOAKED. Couldn't figure out why, never did!

Thanks everyone. After removing driver seat and all carpet and insulation I discovered the leak. I removed the window trim piece and ran the hose down the edge and sure enough you can watch the water running into the cab!!! There's a gap (about 1/2" by 1 1/2") where the water just runs in. Gonna try to silicone the crap out of it and hopefully that will fix the problem. A day to dry out and I'll good to go. Thank you to all who replied.

Thanks everyone. After removing driver seat and all carpet and insulation I discovered the leak. I removed the window trim piece and ran the hose down the edge and sure enough you can watch the water running into the cab!!! There's a gap (about 1/2" by 1 1/2") where the water just runs in. Gonna try to silicone the crap out of it and hopefully that will fix the problem. A day to dry out and I'll good to go. Thank you to all who replied.

Can you do me a favour and post a pic of where you're talking about? I'm having a wet carpet issue and would really like to fix it.

Can you do me a favour and post a pic of where you're talking about? I'm having a wet carpet issue and would really like to fix it.

I've already gooped it up but there are four screws that hold the windshield trim piece on and one plug. I siliconed each hole and also at the bottom where the side trim meets the bottom trim. There is a corner piece and once removed this "hole" is visible. This must have been happening for years because there is surface rust allover the floor pan. I will brush it all up and hit with rust paint and hopefully never have to worry about it again. My first Pathfinder had the rust underneath the back seats but this truck is solid, except for this! Since it's dark at 4:00pm I will try and snap a picture and post it soon.